Anyone else have open heart surgery?

Options
Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. I had a heart attack a little over 4 yrs. ago and had to have open heart surgery to bypass 5 totally clogged coronary arteries. I'd like to find friends who have had to go through any heart problems and is looking past their health problems and is on this journey to a healthier life.

Replies

• ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I am 26 y/o and have had 2 OHS. I was born with three holes in my heart. The first was repaired at 16 months old(that one has never been an issue again). The second two(mitral and tricuspid valves) were repaired when I was 20 y/o. I expect to have at least one more surgery; at that point I may receive artificial or pig valves.

I hope you're doing well!

Ashley
  • Lorisue981
    Lorisue981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had open heart surgery 11 months ago, complications from a pacemaker wire removal that went awry. I had an extended cardiac arrest, but they cracked my chest, repaired, and my heart started back up :-)
    I'm 49 years old, a nurse and fitness instructor. I started teaching my spin classes 3 months after surgery, and have slowly pulled myself back to what I would call the New Normal. How are you doing Ashley?
    ~Lori
  • Soultemptress
    Soultemptress Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my blog... I've written several posts about my 40+ heart related procedures... Hope it inspires you to keep on keeping on!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Soultemptress