Dukan diet?

Options
Do any of you have experience with the Dukan Diet? I am starting today and wanted to learn more about it from people who have been on it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ToshaRozema
    ToshaRozema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just want to tell you my experience with the Dukan Diet. Well first of all..I lost weight really fast like 22 pounds in about a month..BAD NEWS- as soon as I stopped doing the diet I gained the weight right back! My husband on the other hand lost 50 pounds in about two months and never gained it back..lucky. So I say..good luck to you!
  • starryk
    Options
    I have been working with the Dukan diet for the past couple of weeks - I lose 5 to 6 pounds and then go to the cruise stage and I find its coming back... up and down. I am now starting my third week of protien only ... I'm finding it frustrating.

Good luck!
  • marmarlaw
    Options
    Thanks for the info! It also appears that women with PCOS find it doesn't work for them. I am just starting day 2, so I will give it 10 days, but I am deathly afraid of getting on the scale. In his book, he says you should weigh every day. I say boo to that!
  • NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi..too add my two pence...the reason why some experience fluctuating weight on dukan cruise stage is that on the PV days you are intaking extra water through the veg. I know a number of people on the diet..and its working for each of them, but at different rates. This depends on number of things such as your starting weight, how much you need to lose and more importantly how much u can actually physically lose..this again depends on a number of key factors including what kind of diets you may have put your body through in the past, family history etc.
    My advice would be to give it longer than ten days...give the diet a chance to work for you. Go to the dukan diet web page and calculate your true weight potential..this part is free and will give you the set amount of days you should spend on each phase..
    Speaking from experience cutting down on carbs and increasing protein intake really works for me..one reason for this which should apply to everyone is that your body only needs x amount of protein so once Its had enough body will start to burn fat as no carbs to burn..
    Hope that helps :-)