am i doing it wrong?

Options
This is my second time on MFP and I'm not losing anything.
This is so disappointing, Im eating my calories allowed and exercising everyday e.g. Zumba, walking, stationary bike?
I lost only 2 pounds my first time on this.
what am I doing wrong, can anyone help me?

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    No one is going to be able to give you advice without an open diary. Just telling you now, everyone who coems in here is going to say to open the diary first thing. You probably are underestimating food (unless you weigh it) and overestimating exercise. That seems to be most common. You can also be heavy on sodium, processed foods, carbs, etc. but there isn't a way to let you know what to change without more info.
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Or the most obvious two that i see... not eating enough or not being consistant.... (how can you expect consistant results without consistant effort... the number of yo yo diaries you see on here is shocking)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    This is so disappointing, Im eating my calories allowed and exercising everyday e.g. Zumba, walking, stationary bike?

How long have you been on MFP consistently? When you say you haven't lost anything, how long?

When you lost 2lbs, how long did that take?
  • samgray86
    samgray86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    And what is your weight and size, are you at a healthy weight? If so, you won't lose anything.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

How long have you been on MFP consistently? When you say you haven't lost anything, how long?

When you lost 2lbs, how long did that take?

This. We need to know how long you've been at this and what you're eating to help.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to sound horrible, but how on earth you expected anyone to be able to answer that with the tiny amount of information you provided is beyond me.
  • goldenamor
    goldenamor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree not eating enough!! I started to eat 5 times a day but smaller portions.. include fruits and veggies :)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest looking at what you are drinking. Even though a diet soda may not have calories it has a lot of sodium. A lot of other drinks are empty calories and without proper water intake it can make it harder to achieve your goal. 8 cups of a water a day and if you work out regularly up to 10 cups daily.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Also you are spamming the forums by posting the same question in multiple places- that not nice
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I would also suggest looking at what you are drinking. Even though a diet soda may not have calories it has a lot of sodium.

Diet soda only had about 30-40mg doesn't it? That's really not much sodium.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? 2 pounds might be good if you've only been on for a week or two. And assuming you're in the US (since you're eager to celebrate your 21st bday), you just went through Thanksgiving which can be rough for everyone's diet. Even if you didn't overeat much, you probably had some foods you're not used to.

You could be overeating or undereating, again hard to tell without your diary being public. With the amount you have to lose according to your ticker, make sure you weekly weight loss goal isn't set any higher than 1.5 pounds per week.
    Here is a great guideline for setting weekly weight loss goals:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Make sure you're logging foods accurately and honestly. That means write down every sip, bite, etc. And don't leave off those things you're ashamed of...you're just cheating yourself if you do. You may need to weigh and measure your food at first and check labels to make sure you know what a portion size is. Some may amaze you!

If sodium's not on your tracker, add that to make sure a high sodium diet isn't holding you back. Make sure you eat back at least half of your exercise calories. Eat plenty of fruits, veggies and whole grains. And drink at least 8 cups of water per day, more on your workout days.

P.S. If you weren't working out before, your muscles may be retaining water as part of the natural healing process. As long as you're eating right, tracking accurately, etc this may be the only issue and it will go away in another week or two once your body adjusts.
  • michellek1992
    michellek1992 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ok well i dont live in the US, I haven't celebrated Thanksgiving. I have started MFP in August i lost the 2 pounds in 2 weeks, I dont drink any sodas, all I drink is water all day everyday. I weigh 188lb Im 5'3.
    Im an extremely bad eater I dont eat any fruit or veg, and i no people will come on here and say "you have to eat them" I physically cant!
    I eat a breakfast every morning usually it would be cereal with skimmed milk or wholemeal bread toasted.
    I normally do not get time to fit in a lunch and sometimes eat a small dinner could I not be eating enough, MFP allows me to eat 1660cals which i find is alot.
  • michellek1992
    Options
    Also you are spamming the forums by posting the same question in multiple places- that not nice

SORRY!
  • envy09
    Options
    I physically cant!

I highly doubt that.
  • michellek1992
    Options
    why because you no what I'm like?
  • envy09
    Options
    Because there are over 204 different types of fruits and vegetables in the world, and I highly doubt you've tried all of them. Let alone tried them in all the different ways they can be prepared.

Edit: I was WAY off on the number of vegetables. There are over 4,000 varieties of tomato alone!
  • michellek1992
    Options
    ok I have tried alot and i mean alot of veg and i have certainly cooked them in many ways and none of it was for me. wether its texture or taste i cant!!!
  • envy09
    Options
    Well you're gonna have to suck it up and eat them anyway.
  • michellek1992
    Options
    I dont think so unless someone is going to shove them down my throat.
    It still doesnt mean Im not trying my hardest at this because I am.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I have started MFP in August i lost the 2 pounds in 2 weeks

Why did you quit and what makes you think that 2 pounds in 2 weeks is not acceptable?

You seem to lack patience.