NSV:Seeing through new eyes (pics)

Options
MsNewBooty83
MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
**please dont quote if ur replying,,its just a waste of space, lol.**
This is my 2nd success post. If youd like to see the 1st one heres the link....
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/617022-heavy-pics-take-2

I litterally just relized last night that I'm happy with myself, finally. I beat myself up daily, thinking i need to lose at least 10-15lbs before I'll be happy, before I'll look good, before other people will think i do (cause lets admit, we do care about that, well i do). My thought over the past few weeks has been this: I just want people to look at me and think, "holy cripes, ya, she definitly works out"...so slowly ive been changing my ideas about my apperance. I also set out to not weigh myself this month and so far im winning :D So i went out this weekend and i *kitten* you not...2 people actually said it...'you must work out' hahaha! WIN!
I looked at myself in the mirror before bed last night and gave myself *kitten* for not recognizing my accomplishments like i should. Not appreciating the body Ive worked my *kitten* off for (litterally and figurativly). So today i decided to look thru some old pics....

Fall 2009 -220lbs after my 2nd lil one- shes about 3 months here
me-Copy.png

Summer 2010 - one year post prego...probly 210-220lbs still- wearing a size 16-18
n502149815_1194898_7699.jpg

s51418cb101531_25.jpg

Early September 2010- 210lbs ish.....going to see Gaga :) really getting sick of being the fat friend at this point.
Gaga012.jpg

Summer 2010 *barf*
n516588783_1168810_2816.jpg

I started playing Wii Just Dance and started to lose a little, when i got down to 206 i started to seriously think about working out...SO i a few months later i got a gym membership -started working out in April of 2011 at 189lbs (can see my 1st pics for that in my link at top of page :D ).

Summer 2011 down to about 175- 180ish I took it SLOW and i thnk thats whats helped me keep it off
000000.jpg

Spring 2012 155 lbs, starting to get som good muscles :D
1211060934001.jpg

Beginning of summer 2012 145lbs- 1st race :D i NEVER thought id do this. Look like a dweeb hahah
1208190936001.jpg

Summer 2012- SHORTS IN PUBLIC!!!! FINALLY! Odd place to take a pic, i know, lol...
1208102339000.jpg

Cycling and SQUATS like a mo fo!
1209010016000.jpg

End of summer 2012 - down to143lbs. the smallest ive ever been waering a SIZE 7!!!!
1208221901004.jpg

This next one is of me this weekend. the scale has bearly budged since September and im done beating myself up about it. Im trying to retrain my brain now and cut myself some damn slack! At least im not gaining! i seem to float between 143 and 146..and im ok with that now.
1211232146000.jpg

1211142311000.jpg

So kids..the moral of this story is DONT GIVE UP! Your brain will catch up to ur body eventually...dont beat urself up every day about a little oopsie here and there. I saw so many posts about peope flipping over eating Thanksgiving diner...like just keep chippin away at it and dont forget to enjoy yourself....in the meantime celebrate the little victories and remeber...those victories really cant be weighed in pounds! I wish I would have figured that out sooner. Happy Monday all :drinker:

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You really give me inspriration, good job.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and well done to you :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MsNewBooty83
    Options
    thanks guys! right now im kinda more impressed that all my pics actually worked! lol
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Really happy for you! =) It's good to see what can be achieved with hard work and dedication.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look f*cking amazing.. but I tell you this all the time. It is true though boo!

Amazing work! :drinker:
  • renderuseful
    renderuseful Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so thrilled to read your story. Thank you for taking the time to share it and post all your pictures! You have worked so hard to get where you are and I am feel so much joy at seeing such a transformation. You were beautiful before the weight loss but your glow after testifies to your confidence and happiness. Do I really have to do squats though?? Kidding aside, you look very healthy and comfortable with yourself and I can't wait to turtle there along side of you and everyone else who is working hard to take care of themselves. Congratulations!!
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What an awesome way to start off a Monday, and after the holiday too! Thanks for posting and congratulations!!

So I just read your first post & Im cracking up cause its like you read my mind about myself!! I began at 190 lbs after having two very large children (their dad is 6'4, need I say more?!)...I cover up with pillows, sweaters, scarfs, KIDS, whatever works! Lol! And I wonder if I'll have the guts to post my before pix once I hit my goals.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Good going, bb! I'm used to seeing your face shots, but your thighs are AMAZING.
  • rhazelwood
    rhazelwood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've taken it slow and focused on strength training, too. About 35 pounds down the first year, about 10 down this past year. Then I got close enough to goal to get too comfy and slacked off the past couple of months. Gained a pound back (not bad two days after Thanksgiving) but your pictures are helping me get my mind focused again.

Thank you :)
  • ToshaRozema
    ToshaRozema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Your legs look really nice! I hope that I can get my body to look that good!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow - your legs are AMAZING, well done!
  • Whisper236
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're not the fat friend anymore. You look amazing. Congrats!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely STUNNING. Congratulations.
  • MsNewBooty83
    Options
    What an awesome way to start off a Monday, and after the holiday too! Thanks for posting and congratulations!!

So I just read your first post & Im cracking up cause its like you read my mind about myself!! I began at 190 lbs after having two very large children (their dad is 6'4, need I say more?!)...I cover up with pillows, sweaters, scarfs, KIDS, whatever works! Lol! And I wonder if I'll have the guts to post my before pix once I hit my goals.
    glad u could get a good chuckle out of it! its so true eh?
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! You look fantastic; your hard work shows!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! I hope one day to achieve what you have achieved.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • MsNewBooty83
    Options
    I am so thrilled to read your story. Thank you for taking the time to share it and post all your pictures! You have worked so hard to get where you are and I am feel so much joy at seeing such a transformation. You were beautiful before the weight loss but your glow after testifies to your confidence and happiness. Do I really have to do squats though?? Kidding aside, you look very healthy and comfortable with yourself and I can't wait to turtle there along side of you and everyone else who is working hard to take care of themselves. Congratulations!!

this is very sweet of you to say! thank you so much! id lve to have u turtle pace along next to me someday! lol xx
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!