Plateaus SUCK!

Options
I am riding a little plateau right now. Boo! I know that it will pass, and I am going to stay on track, but waiting for the scale to budge sucks!

What do you do when you hit a plateau? How do you cope? Any thoughts?

Replies

• emmaowen1990
    emmaowen1990 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have found this after losing 2.5 stone you just have to keep going! My motivation is to work harder at the gym, increasing your intensity and be strict with your diet and soon the weight begins to drop again. Think about how excited youll be once the weight goes down again and the hard work will be worth it!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I seem to get stuck every 10 pounds. I was stuck at 160 for a month. Now Im stuck at 150. It is driving me crazy!

I keep going to the gym, and doing the best I can eating....still stuck.

I know it's a matter of time...but still AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I tried dropping my carbs for a week....2 days of 70- 90, 1 day of 160, 2 days of 70-90, then 1 day of pretty much what I want. Good luck...be patient and keep up the good job
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I shake the carbs up a little and zig zag when it happens x
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I just keep on with what I'm doing. I've been stuck for almost 3 weeks now at the same weight. It's annoying, but what I'm noticing is changes in my body. I may not be losing weight, but I'm noticing more muscle tone, endurance during runs, etc. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a number on a scale (and yes, I weigh daily under the same circumstances). I FEEL healthier than I did 3 weeks ago. Being stronger and the same weight is better than a lower number on the scale and less strong, in my opinion.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Drop carbs, sugar and sodium, and change up workout routine to something new and more challenging! I hit plateaus all the time. They are psychologically very very frustrating, and probably my biggest challenge to continuing my weight loss journey.
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements - when all else fails and the evil scale won't budge, the tape measure is your best friend. Also, watch your sodium. I generally find that my plateaus are really just sodium hanging around
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin' on.............
  • puddy29
    Options
    I can't lie when I get stuck I get very very discourage I fall off the wagon so to speak and eat something or a few somethings that I know I shouldn't but then I get back on the wagon and the scale moves every time. I'm not saying it's right but you asked what we do.