less carbs

Options
Hi All,

Just looking for some sugestions and advice on how to maintain a low carb diet. I eat roughly 1500 calories a day and work out 4 days a week for about 30-45 min of cardio followed by 30 minutes of weight lifting. My main concern is, with 1500 calories I can't seem to et any lower than 75 carbs a day and I know the carbs are slowing or hindering my weight loss. I eat a lot of salad, chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, veggies, an occasional bag of popcoarn sold at work (only 10 carbs in each bag) Any recipese to spice up these meals or help to rid of the carbs would greatly help!

Replies

• SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    What's with all the carb hating lately?

I just had a peak at your diary and I think your main problem is just your choice of carbs. Trade in the pizza, breadsticks, cheeseburgers, etc for healthier alternatives. Make sure you're opting for whole wheat/grain pastas & bread. Skip the daily sweets.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Agree with gutterball! Carbs are not the enemy. Choose healthy fruits and veggies, ease up on the heavy foods.
  • Roxiehart9
    Options
    The last few days were a bit of a fluke due to the holiday break and was the only week in 6 months I've gone over my calorie count. Look past those days and get back at me at suggestions please. I'm aware last week was AWFUL, and I'm not basing this post on last week, but if you wouldn't mind looking at the weeks past then giving some suggestions, that would be great :)