Newbie checking in

Options
Hi my name is Lisa and I joined MFP almost 2 years ago. However I never used it after the initial set up. Fast forward almost two years and I find myself back and this time determined to use everything MFP has to offer. I've been working out consistently for about a month now, with a trainer for the past two weeks. I'm 35 about 5'6' about 150 lbs. I'd like to get down to about 135 lbs, but more importantly I'd like to be healthy. Traditionally I've always been thin, but I know now that I was thin but not very healthy. I started gaining weight at the age of 30 and it seems like I go up a clothes size every year and a half. I want to stop the spread so I can fit my clothes again without the unsightly bulges around my mid section. I look forward to discussing various topics with you all!

Replies

• firmcb
    firmcb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cathy and have been on MFP for about a year and love it! Although I don't have much to lose - I'm 5'2" 134
  • shellybob79
    shellybob79 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I'm new today and looking to give and receive lots of support, feel free to add me if you want.
  • lm5641
    Options
    Nice to meet you both!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I've been on for 3 months, lost over 40lbs through support from friends and forum boards. all users on the post, feel free to add me
  • etynda6116
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I'm new at this as well. I started losing weight in September and then started with MFP on the 17 of this month. I have already lost another lb. since I have been on here. I'm 5'2" and I currently weigh 149. Feel free to add me for support, and we can help each other. : )
  • akg1972
    Options
    Today is my first day on the program and I am really excited. I have a long way to go to my goal and really want to
    stay motivated and on track especially this time of year. I just couldn't wait any longer to start my weight loss journey.
    After a recent visit with my family over Thanksgiving my brother inspired me to join MFP.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi, glad that you're back. Just remember to keep your calories as high as you can. If you cut them too much you will lose more muscle that fat...good that your lifting, you body will look much better as you lose. Too much cardio doesn't do much for your shape. Best of luck to you!!

gilda
  • tljennin1
    Options
    Hi, I've been here for about 10 weeks but signed up a while ago also. I've already lost 38 lbs; however, I would not say that was normal, most came off after having my baby and dropping the water weight.

Anyone can feel free to add me, motivating others also helps me to stay motivated.