anyone else fall off the wagon this weekend?

Options
Although I didn't have any pie (pecan and pumpkin - blech), booze, pizza, ramen and the like probably weren't kind to me.

PLUS I didn't track anything

Ate a good breakfast and packed healthy lunch and snack for work today and I'm headed back to the gym after work.

How do you get back on track? Or what tricks to you have to stay ON track when others are falling off?

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a great weekend either :(

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... Dwelling on the past doesn't burn calories!! :)

Forgive yourself and move on. Today isn't yesterday, just use your bad weekend as motivation to make this week better. Work out longer and harder. Eat more fruit and veggies to make up for it!

Pick yourself up and march on forward.

Good luck:)
  • keelz2010
    Options
    I'm always falling of the wagon, but getting back on it the next day is better than falling off completely. I just make sure that I fill out the next days diary in advance, with healthy food so I have a plan to stick too. Then I semi prepare the next days breakfast the night before and stick it in the fridge, along with a prepared salad for lunch. When I get up the next morning I'm not tempted to eat junk as everything is already made and waiting and I wouldn't like to let it go to waste.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I had a bad week! Some people would probably think this is unhealthy but I tell myself I am fat and need to get back to it before it gets worse. Gets me back on track anyway.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon too but I was able to get some workouts in so I wouldn't feel so bad!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I had a bad month.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    MEEEE!!! turkey, stuffing, pie, mashed potatoes, bread rolls, each times about three. Then pizza, fast food, and tons of alcohol on top of it.

Back on track today. No regrets! It was delicious!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It is totally alright to enjoy a weekend on special occasions. It will only slow weight loss down a tad, it won't make you explode in a violent rage of obesity.

Just be sure to keep the majority of your weekends on task. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon, but I knew I would because I knew I'd rarely be eating at home or preparing my own food. No big deal, a few bad days are easily undone.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off the wagon but after the weekend I had, I sure wanted to...
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It is totally alright to enjoy a weekend on special occasions. It will only slow weight loss down a tad, it won't make you explode in a violent rage of obesity.

Just be sure to keep the majority of your weekends on task. :)

This ^!!!

It is okay to enjoy your self, but remember to only splurge on your favorites. This weekend that meant mashed potatos for me, but I nixed the pie. Keep your self accountable, but let your self indulge and you will be much happier!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You didn't become overweight by falling off the wagon for one meal, one day, or one week. What got you to that point was repeating bad choices over the course of MONTHS. Remember, 3000 calories=1 lb. If your maitenance weight is 2,200 cals/day, you would have to eat 400 calories over your MAITENANCE caloric goal EVERY DAY to gain 1lb in a week. Don't worry about it, this isn't a quick fix situation. It takes time, dedication and understanding that life happens. Fall off the wagon? Dust yourself off, get back on and move on. You'll be fine!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I did not fall off the wagon. I chose to live and enjoy time with my family. I have no regrets. After almost passing away in December 2005 I have said that I will make healtthier choices but would not take life too serious...I mean, no one gets out alive. Look to today and tomorrow instead of yesterday. Remember time with your loved ones, not the food you ate.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a holiDAY, it's always a holiWEEK for me. Today starts a new week. I tried to stay active with house/yard work. Didn't do as much as I originally intended, but I don't think the one week is really going to hurt in the grand scheme of things. Gotta be good till Christmas/New Years week. Then back on the wagon AGAIN.
  • jhall585
    Options
    After thanksgiving, I probably only had 1 solid legitimate meal up until Sunday. All of my other meals consisted of sugared breakfast coffees and mini eggs. I dont have a single regret!

If you weigh more you're probably just retaining water from the sugar and sodium, drink tons of water and start moving.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Fell Hell I jumped and burned it that apple pie was yummie but back on track had a great run. Had a nice calorie counting free Holiday.
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    I didn't fall off the wagon, I jumped and grabbed a beer on my way down. I had a house full of family and more food being cooked than I care to ever see. I didn't do too bad with food choices but I think I had enough Corona Light to drown out the constant yapping of family members.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I tried to keep my diary accurate, though I was in the boonies where the reception was not the best and my recall was limited. It is always harder for me to keep a strict diet when I am with family and we are celebrating. I made sure I was exercising and i tried to keep my "bad habits" limited to only one meal a day. Now I'm back to my normal habits until Christmas where I know I will splurge a bit more. :)
  • cadams429
    Options
    this is glorious :)

thank you!
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    I definitely fell off the wagon. It was freaking Thanksgiving and my favorite is stuffing and cheesecake, I just couldn't say no lol. I am definitely running after that damn wagon though and by the end of tonight I'll have had a good day and had a good workout and I'll be sitting pretty on the wagon again... Until Christmas anyways. That's my next cheat day. I believe holidays are always cheat days. you can't deprive yourself or you end up jumping off the wagon and running 50 miles away from it. That's a lot harder to catch back up to for sure.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You're not alone!

I was thinking the same thing myself. I ate out saturday breakfast, lunch AND dinner. But I DID log it.