anyone else fall off the wagon this weekend?

Options
2»

Replies

• lilmahb
    Options
    I enjoyed my Thanksgiving without stressing out about what I was eating. Today I am back on track and will be on the treadmill tonight.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It's times like this you have to just say, that was then, it's over, can't change it, back on track, and move on.

This last month, I've had Halloween, 3 birthdays in my immediate family, a death in the family and Thanksgiving. Yeah, my weight's bounced around a little because I gave in, but got back on track this last week, and lost 2.6 pounds.

Plus, I don't beat myself up about it. It's up to me, and I was a little lax in my efforts, and it showed at the scale. In any journey, you're going to encounter stuff you'd rather not - traffic, flat tire, some jerk who cuts you off. Groan about it for a bit if you must, but the sooner I dust myself off and move on, the better off I am.

Remember Dorie in FInding Nemo: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming, what do we do, we swim - change it. Just keep logging, just keep logging, just keep logging logging, what do we do, we log.

You can do it!!
  • deadbambi
    Options
    It is totally alright to enjoy a weekend on special occasions. It will only slow weight loss down a tad, it won't make you explode in a violent rage of obesity.

Just be sure to keep the majority of your weekends on task. :)

I burst out laughing at the thought of someone exploding in a "violent rage of obesity" LOL omG.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I drank, ate and was merry. Running tonight !
  • resamarieh
    Options
    Yeah I fell off the wagon this weekend too...booze and going out to eat. tsk tsk lol.

What I've found that helps me is I remind myself I'm not starting at square 1. Yes, I had a setback, but that doesn't mean I've lost the ground I had already made! Taking this outlook helps me feel a bit less daunted at the road ahead lol.

Good luck! And don't be to hard on yourself for this weekend!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Actually, I had a terrible weekend, but not in the sense that we're talking about in this post. I had food poisoning (starting Monday night) and could hardly eat! My hubby cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us and I just got to have a couple of bites.

Anyway... I just do my best when I know there's going to be excessive amounts of food to indulge in. I eat tons of veggies, drink lots of water, and go easy on the calorie-dense dishes. I fit in some exercise, too.

But when all is said and done, I move on. I get right back to my routine and don't sweat it
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I totally fell off the wagon but didn't eat as much as I wanted to. I kept thinking, I will DO the work to get this off. Thanksgiving is only once a year! Anyway, my body needed it. That's what I tell myself. :laugh: Slowly working my way back into the routine.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah; I ate pie...***drooling**** I made my famous bourbon pecan pie and yeah; I had 3 pieces this weekend. Now it's gone.

Back on track? JUST DO IT!! Sorry; you get back on track by just doing it.....no more excuses.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Oh I was never on the wagon this weekend. I broke free of the traces Wednesday night and didn't get reharnessed until today. That said, I knew I would. I just cannot behave like that ALL the time. I kept losing track in my tracker which was frustrating. Must have been the wine, or the. Manhattans, or the citron, or......something.

It was nice to see some of the family too, but damnit they kept eating the pie I made. I only got one little sliver.

Edit: just realized that sounds like the AA wagon.:drinker: Hee hee. Anyway, back to normal now.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Nope totally did not fall off....woke up early and got my run in and that pretty much squelched the appetite.
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I totally sucked this weekend. And it wasn't the turkey either. I just ate like there was no tomorrow. No excuses, merely the facts.