Protein Powder - Non whey

Options
I'm wondering if there is a good protein powder that is NOT made of whey. Whey can give me stomach and gastro issues and I'm hoping to find another type. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

L.

Replies

• Regs17
    Options
    Whey protein tends to cause gastro issues if it's a cheaper form of whey, ie whey protein concentrate. Also, you will avoid all this if you purchase the Power Crunch Protein Bars by BNRG. They have hyrolyzed whey which means it is pre digested, so it's readily absorbed into the guy without gastric problems! Also MonaVie has the RVL Bars and Shakes which also contain Hydrolyzed whey.
    Truely the best.
  • mamasamantha79
    mamasamantha79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thorne research Mediclear has pea and rice protein and vitamins. I can't do any type of dairy, so it's been a lifesaver for me.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Casein or soy would be the other most widely available options. Rice, pea, hemp, and egg abulmen are other options.
  • mollylaremeter
    mollylaremeter Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Spirotein....tastes good
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if there is a good protein powder that is NOT made of whey. Whey can give me stomach and gastro issues and I'm hoping to find another type. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

L.

What brand of Whey have you tried?
    Sometimes the cheaper the whey the more problems you can have.
    Try Optimum Nutrition 100%. Trial and error.
    Better yet......Eat your protein!!!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love Sun Warrior Raw Vegan rice protein (but only the rice protein - to me their Warrior Blend line tastes salty though it doesn't have much sodium, it's just how my palate reads it). This protein doesn't have a lot of flavor to it, so I use DaVinci or Torani syrups or dark chocolate cocoa powder (which is good for you, low in calories and high in fiber).
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Vega Sport Performance Protein. Vegan. If that is important.
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hemp Protien powder
  • lilylee2
    lilylee2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Maybe I should try a better quality whey. I have tried the generic brand from GNC in the past. I will also look into the other suggestions.

L.