"starvation mode" when will it end?

Options
Hello, thank you for reading this. I was 121 lbs with clothes on for yrs. I took a med (abilify) and gained @10 lbs. I was upset by this, so I started exercising more and restricting my calories. I averaged @ 1000 calories a day for about a year. I felt weak, and barely lost any weight. Because of people's suggestions on here, I started reducing my sugar, watching my sodium, and increasing my protein and calorie intake. I am now averaging @ 1100 calories a day (I eat @ 1500 calories, but I exercise a lot with dog walking and Bikram yoga) about 3 weeks ago. Anything else I should do? Eat more, exercise less, lift weights, supplements? Am I still in starvation mode? when will my metabolism be normal again? thank you for your suggestions and support!

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    You only go into starvation mode if you're at 10% BF or less. If you don't eat enough you'll lose lean tissue as well as fat, but that's not the same thing as starvation mode. When going from a somewhat low calorie diet to an average amount of calories, you should increase it slowly. Just be patient and you'll see progress again.
  • mollylaremeter
    mollylaremeter Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You only go into starvation mode if you're at 10% BF or less. If you don't eat enough you'll lose lean tissue as well as fat, but that's not the same thing as starvation mode. When going from a somewhat low calorie diet to an average amount of calories, you should increase it slowly. Just be patient and you'll see progress again.

ok, thanks....someone said i was in "starvation mode" including my Dr, and my BF% is @24%....and i did lose muscle...:(