I could cry!

Options
I am so frustrated. I have been stuck at 168 for the last three weeks and my goal weight is 145. The past two weeks I have really upped my water intake because I was worried I was retaining. My calorie range is 1500 and I'm eating 1200-1300 a day and exercising 5 days a week. I FEEL thinner, so why doesn't the scale reflect that? I don't want to eat more calories because frankly, I'm not hungry. I don't want to get into the habit of forcing myself to eat if I'm not hungry. I was so sure I had lost 2 or maybe 3 pounds this week, but nothing! I'm not going to give up, but I feel like I'm wasting time. I just want to know when the scale is going to move!!!!

Replies

• jlay777
    jlay777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough fruits and veggies? That was my problem, I wasn't getting enough. Now I eat way more than is recommended and the weight if falling off.
  • ktmunchie
    ktmunchie Posts: 35
    Options
    I really understand not wanting to eat more calories when you are not hungry, however if you don't your body will go into starvation mode and you will quit losing. I take 2 days a month to eat what I want. This keeps me from getting stuck. It is REALLY hard for me, because I don't want to undo all of my hard work, but I almost always lose a pound or two right after my "free" day. Just a thought for you. :) Keep it up, it will come off!!!
  • mrsdavidtennant
    mrsdavidtennant Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The same thing is happening to me too!!! It's sooooo dis-heartening and I feel like giving up. Only lost 1 measly pound in 3 weeks and I just don't understand why :0(
  • hema
    hema Posts: 19
    Options
    You might not be eating enough for all of your excersise. I was eating 1200 calories and spending 2hrs at the gym and not losing. I have been eating some of my excersie calories, not all of them and have seen the scale go down. Change up your excersise routine too. Sometimes you just need a little change to see results. Keep up the good work
  • meliamom
    meliamom Posts: 23
    Options
    @ljay - I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies. Right now I'm a stay at home mom and I've been eating really well. I try not to eat any processed food.

@ktmunchie - I am sooo afriad of letting myself eat whatever. That is usually the first step to gaining back all the weight. I would be so upset if I got back on the scale and gained weight. Today I will have a free day and then weigh myself tomorrow. I'm scared!
  • meliamom
    Options
    You might not be eating enough for all of your excersise. I was eating 1200 calories and spending 2hrs at the gym and not losing. I have been eating some of my excersie calories, not all of them and have seen the scale go down. Change up your excersise routine too. Sometimes you just need a little change to see results. Keep up the good work

Thanks for the advice. I'm just so worried I will gain weight. I did the math to see how many calories I would need to cut to lose two pounds this week, but my body was not listening!! :)
  • meliamom
    Options
    The same thing is happening to me too!!! It's sooooo dis-heartening and I feel like giving up. Only lost 1 measly pound in 3 weeks and I just don't understand why :0(

Our bodies are strange! Don't give up though. I know if I throw in the towel it will be worse than when I started, so I figure I might as well keep going. Eventually, things will change :)
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    I know what you mean! Ive been doing this for 2 weeks and nothing!!! I woke up one morning and had lost 2 lbs but then woke up the next day only to have gained 3 back! Im not sure what im doing wrong. I dont get to exercise alot thru the week. im still trying
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Are you watching your sodium intake? I was amazed to find out the sodium in some of the low calorie foods I was eating. Since I have been watching my sodium intake as well as calories I started losing again