Weight gain ideas (suppport)

Options
According to my height and age I'm suppose to be at the perfect weight but in my eyes I don't look it. I'm 46 and have no fat so to say..I'm not skinny but have lost the muscle weight I use to have.

I just joined the site and would like to gain about 15 to 20 lbs and am looking for some food recommendations from you all. Keep in mind that I am on the go all day long at work with a lot of walking but no heavy lifting etc.

I cant seem to gain weight. I'm 5'10 and right at 150.. I would really like to get back to 170 but have hung at 150 for about 10 years. I am setting a goal to begin working out again but my time is limited as I work from 7 am until 7 pm 5 days a week.

Many times it is so busy at work I don't get a lunch. I would love to here some suggestions on food, serving sizes dailey etc. the calculator here says I need to eat 2300 plus calories a day to gain just one pound a week..Thats crazy lol..HELP.

PS I am a single guy so you know I don't want to be cooking lol.

thanks

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Eat more food.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Keep increasing your calories until you are seeing the desired weight gain
  • jerrydwane
    Options
    Eat more food.

I get that lol.. I was looking for suggestions on best types for my situation as mentioned in my topic above.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    In the good "good old days" when I was considered severly underweight I was told by a few doctors to have: a milkshake a day, drink a meal replacement with every meal, drink a Porter Beer every night, sad to say nothing really helped. Then Bam, 10 years later I am trying to lose 70 pounds, don't know what hit me but I gained over 60 pounds in 4 months years ago and can't get rid of it. You might want to try some of the mentioned things, we are all different. Good luck with your journey
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would have to see a picture of you BUT I don't think 5'7" and 150 is too skinny.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    According to my height and age I'm suppose to be at the perfect weight but in my eyes I don't look it. I'm 46 and have no fat so to say..I'm not skinny but have lost the muscle weight I use to have.

I just joined the site and would like to gain about 15 to 20 lbs and am looking for some food recommendations from you all. Keep in mind that I am on the go all day long at work with a lot of walking but no heavy lifting etc.

I cant seem to gain weight. I'm 5'10 and right at 150.. I would really like to get back to 170 but have hung at 150 for about 10 years. I am setting a goal to begin working out again but my time is limited as I work from 7 am until 7 pm 5 days a week.

Many times it is so busy at work I don't get a lunch. I would love to here some suggestions on food, serving sizes dailey etc. the calculator here says I need to eat 2300 plus calories a day to gain just one pound a week..Thats crazy lol..HELP.

PS I am a single guy so you know I don't want to be cooking lol.

thanks

Drink a gallon of whole milk a day!
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Eat whole fat everything. Fat won't make you fat so to speak, but it will help bump those calories up if you're replacing things like low fat yogurt cheese or milk with the full fat kind.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My husband was having trouble keeping his weight up earlier this year. He's 6'3" and was barely maintaining 140. A daily shake or smoothie made with protein powder helped him put on a few much-needed pounds.

It's not really cooking, it's just using a blender. Get a good quality protein powder (we use Optimum Nutrition) and toss in other stuff to bump up the calories: bananas, ice cream, yogurt, milk, chocolate sauce, peanut butter, strawberries, whatever you like and have on hand!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I net around 1900 cals easily... It's not that hard, but a jar of peanut butter!
  • jerrydwane
    Options
    Thanks all for the ideas.. reply to one person...'m not 5.7 lol I'm 5.10