Newly engaged...looking for fellow brides to be!

Options
I’m looking for newly engaged/future brides that are looking to slim & trim up. I have about 15-20lbs to go before I’ll be at a good weight. I just got engaged on the weekend and would love to have engagement pictures done soon but I think I will wait until I’m slimmer. We don’t have plans to get married right away…possibly in 2014!

I’m looking for some ladies to help keep us on track to our goals so we can look our best for both engagement photos and the big day when it comes! :happy:

Replies

• katedavies1986
    katedavies1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

Yay, I got engaged on 11th September! Our venue is booked and our SERIOUS diet had begun! I have lost 6llbs since getting engaged and lost 36lbs prior to getting engaged!

I am a size 20 now, started at a size 22 - but want to be a size 14/16 at the most for the wedding which is 14th June 2014!

Good Luck and enjoy the planning, it is so fun!! xx
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I got engaged recently too and the wedding is booked on 5th June 2014 - got about 70lb to lose, lost 32lb already. Feel free to add me. :-)
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I recently got engaged October 26th of this year, we are planning for a destination wedding April 2014. Feel free to add me as well :) I have about 40lbs I would like to lose. I am trying to lose around 25lbs by Feb/Mar so I can go try on dresses and get that sorted.
  • spurc
    spurc Posts: 5
    Options
    Yay! I got engaged in April! The date has changed and is up in the air now until I finish school, I'm hoping for next Fall. I have 15 lbs I need to lose. Congratulations!
  • WifeyCarion
    Options
    Congrats! I got married 6 months ago :) Feel free to add me
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I got engaged in May and we JUST set a date for April 2014! I wanna be a size 4 bride, if my body allows me to...Feel free to add me. Us brides gotta stick together!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I'm not engaged, but congrats to all of you :-)
  • hannahjaques
    hannahjaques Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I got engaged in July but we are probably aiming for 2014 too. At the moment the money isn't there plus we're both super busy but at least it gives the time to slim up and trim up! I've got about 14lbs to go too until I reach my ultimate goal weight. I'm floundering a little bit at the moment but I'm sure we could give each other a nudge in the right direction when needed!
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! : )

Feel free to add! I got engaged last March and the wedding date is next April 20th!! The weightloss countdown is on!! : )
  • Candijean1988
    Options
    I got engaged Sept. 03, 2012 and will be married July 13, 2013.. i had 61 pounds to lose when I started here in oct of this year... at the moment i am down 16 pounds.. plus 4 before i started here... feel free to add me because I could also lose some support. I am also a morther of a ten month old.
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I got engaged in February and we're getting married on August 15th 2013. Currently at 234lbs and aiming for at least 50 off by then. I'm at the gym 3-5 days a week depending on work, have a personal trainer 2 sessions a week and have started playing wheelchair basketball. Feel free to add me.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations to everyone, I just got engaged as well last month and getting married May 2013! I have lost 30 pounds (well it was 40 and recently put back on 10!!!!) and so I have about 25 pounds left. Agree about wanting to wait a little for engagement pictures, maybe by February? Is that too late?

Will add some of you but if I missed you please feel free to add me. I have been inactive on MFP the last two months :cry: but just got back on today!!!
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    meee! I have to drop 15 lbs. I've gained weight BACK since ordering my bridal dress that comes in at the end of January, eeek! My wedding is set for mid April. I was on a good roll when I ordered my dress, i order the size I tried on which was only a tad bit too tight around the bust and didnt zip up the last inch, but I thought, ehhh, i can lose that easy.... I've pretty much fallen off the wagon since. I need to get it under control stat!