Best quick and easy vegetarian proteins?

Options
I'm lacto-ovo-pescitarian, but too much milk or eggs or soy or beans upsets my stomach, and you're only supposed to eat some kinds of fish a few times a week because of the mercury.

I've been eating cottage cheese (Dashing Dish protein shakes), Gardein buffalo chicken nuggets, eggs/egg whites (usually scrambled with cheese), and protein powder. Sometimes I use PB2/powdered peanut butter also.

Do you have any recs for quick and easy protein sources? Processed food is okay. :)

Replies

• austindorotea
    Options
    i mean if you an eat cottage cheese try greek yogurt, its fat free and 15 grams of protein per serving for most of the brands
  • mollylaremeter
    mollylaremeter Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i mean if you an eat cottage cheese try greek yogurt, its fat free and 15 grams of protein per serving for most of the brands

Quinoa, almond butter, bagels, spaghetti, protein crumbles, soy milk, fake meat products
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I should clarify that I'm really looking for LOW CALORIE HIGH PROTEIN options.... Ideally fewer than 150 calories and more than 10 grams of protein.
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    Beans.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of quorn
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Beans upset my stomach pretty easily.
  • Shaolin_Papa
    Options
    Hi,

I use Naturade Total Soy powders...:love:

150 cals, 13 grams of protein, very little fat.

Tastes good. Vanilla, choc, strawberry.

You can buy a small can on Amazon for 12 bucks.

Good luck.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter flour
    Bean flour (Besan, found at Indian markets)
    Hodgson mill soy flour
    Soy nuts
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Egg whites
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the reason beans upset you is the side effects of high fiber, if you get what I mean ;) If that is the case try eating a little of it instead of avoiding it as your body will get used to it. If it's not the case, don't worry.

Wholegrains, such as wholemeal bread is pretty high in protein and aslong as you can eat wheat you could also give Seitan a try which is made from the protein part of wheat. Everyone else has offered great suggestions.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I really like the ingredient list for Sun Warrior vanilla Warrior blend
  • MadelineTaylah
    Options
    Try quinoa, I personally love this stuff, it is like a replacement for rice and it has a lot of protein.

I love to have it with roasted pumpkin, basil, spinach leaves, spring onions etc.

It is amazing!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    lentils, or do they upset your stomach, too? if beans bother you make them yourself and drink more water. It should help.

greek yogurt is a great one.

I really like sunwarrior raw protein powder, too.