Exercising and eating right, but gaining weight?

Options
So I've started a gym about 3 weeks ago. I have a personal trainer and go 3 times a week doing strength for 30 minutes and cardio for 30 minutes. I have an allowance of 1400 calories and stick to that within 30 calories below and over. Is it normai to gain weight before you start to lose it?

Replies

• Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Do you drink at all? It took me awhile to figure out that my nightly glass of wine or two was actually reversing all my hard work in the gym and with my diet.
  • jermee
    jermee Posts: 15
    Options
    Lifting weights can add muscle. One pound of fat takes up more area than one pound of muscle. I would not worry about it right now and would probably ask your trainer. If you lean up your body then you will burn more calories while at rest which is where building muscle becomes very beneficial. Your trainer should be able to explain these for you and I am sure they have you doing things that will help you get into shape or whatever your end goals are.
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    its probably muscle! you are building it now ... just go by how your clothes feel!!
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    I think it's muscle =] same thing happened to me last year!