high protein low carb breakfasts any ideas???

Options
:smile: running out of iedas with eggs

Replies

• glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!!!!
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do a coffee protein powder shake-Iced coffee, milk (dairy, soy, almond, whatever you like), and a scoop to scoop and a half of whatever flavor protein powder you like. Or a protein smoothie-frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, a splash of liquid (water, juice, milk...), and some protein powder. I just couldn't get enough protein with traditional breakfast foods (I don't like eggs so those were out...).
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    try the breakfast quiche "muffins"....they are on this recipe site as well and they are good!!
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one as I struggle mixing it up. I have pretty much mixed eggs with everything alive. My typical is one egg and the rest egg whites and mix some ham or other meat into it to give the eggs a little more flavor. If you want to mix some "good" carbs into it, I have found that pinto or black beans mixed with eggs adds to the flavor as well. Outside of eggs I do protein shakes but they dont keep me filled up long term like eggs do. Good luck
  • fionamac77
    fionamac77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with almond milk and nuts is pretty good! A few berries will keep the sugar level low. You can always add some protein powder to it too.
  • ecaldwell88
    Options
    Center cut bacon!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Canadian bacon. Costco carries a brand that is uncured and SOOO tasty.
    Oatmeal
  • DivaVampTina
    DivaVampTina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the whole carbs stuff, etc so I don't know what would be considered low carb. My typical breakfast is a cup Kashi Golean Original, an 81 gram banana and a cup skim milk, which is 22 grams protein, 14 fiber, 1 fat, 49 carbs and 292 cals. I also have 1 ounce of walnuts that I spread between breakfast and in my greek yogurt before bed. I put half the walnuts in the cereal, so that changes the values of course.

I was just looking at Hungry Girls new Max cookbook online last night and it looks like she has a ton of egg mug recipes.