time to exercise

Options
So I like my gym's page on Facebook and I came across a personal trainer quoting that the best time to exercise is 4 hours you've eaten. The reason is so we can burn fat cells instead of calories from our previous food.....Any feedback is appreciated because I want and need to burn fat cells...

If that's the case...how do u go about eating 5-6 small meals a day, which is 3-4 hours in-between, and get your exercise in and burn fat cells?

Sincerely, dazed and confused!

Replies

• mdulanto9177
    Options
    Maybe I'm exercising at the wring time because I have not lost a pound for the last 3 months....very frustrated!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is whenever you can make the time. I don't give too much weight to the theories/studies about what time of day to WO because then it would be one more reason not to do it. I find too many excuses in the evening not to WO, so I do it first thing in the AM before anyone in the house wakes up.

The fact you're working out and not losing weight typically is the result of something else.
    * Are you being honest about tracking everything you're eating?
    * Are you measuring your portions rather than eyeballing it?
    * Are you accurately tracking the cals burned during exercise and eating them back?
    * Are your daily cals where you should be? Are they too high? Are they too low?
    * Are you eating the minimum cals?

IMO 95% of the time failing to lose weight over a long period of time is due to eating incorrectly. There are rare occasions where it's a medical reason, but a majority of the time it's because you're not eating right.
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't really buy into the whole workout at this time to burn fat cells or what ever the latest and greatest study is either. I am a huge fan of working out when it fits in to YOUR schedule and no one elses. Right now I am able to head out the door at 10 a.m. to the gym. That is the time that works for my hubby and I AND that is when the pool is not so crowded for my hubby. It is all about finding a time that works for you. One thing I will say is that for many people working out with in 30 minutes is not an option. For example, if I finish eating at 9 a.m., I have to wait till 10 to start working out. If I don't wait that full hour to start working out, I get really sick to my stomach. Not everyone is like that.