I LOVE MFP!!

Options
Like so many others, I've lost and regained my weight a hundred times over. This time last year, I was sixty pounds lighter, off most of my diabetes meds and feeling good about myself. It's so hard to take off the weight and so EASY to put it on! It seems like a birthday or a vacation always becomes my undoing. I'm back binging ... I guess food can be a like drug to people like me!
I've been on MFP for six days now and I am totally stoked about it! I love, love, love the calorie counter, the sucess stories, and just everything. I have genuine confidence hope that I can re-loose that sixty pounds, PLUS another 40!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello!! I'm sure you will take that weight off... this is a great place! So many knowledgeable individuals on here and support! :bigsmile: Good luck on your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    highfive2.gif I love it here too! :-)
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hello, i totally agree that this is a fantastic site - I LOVE MFP too!!!!!! :drinker:
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! This place ROCKS! It makes doing this easier, more fun, less lonely.
  • thomlora
    thomlora Posts: 16
    Options
    I love it too. I begin my journey here about 3 weeks ago. Last year I started walking my dogs daily to begin to lose some weight. The doctor had just put me on blood pressure meds and cholestrol. I decided I was going to get fit first. My dogs are snoop (68 lbs) and Shelby (58lbs), so they were my weights my butt machine. Almost a year now, about 5 solids pounds down and my sister sent me this link ... I said you know now is the time to watch what we eat. Wow, I am so excited to start seeing the weight drop. My first wow moment was when I realized I was bending over taking the dogs leases off and my abs literal pulled me up. it was the first time I didn't feel pain in my back. I had really worked my body over....don't get me wrong the fat was still and is there. But, its a new season, and a new time.

So good luck, and we can become healthier indidividuals but we have to put a FOOT forward.
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Congrats on your first 6 days!! A day at a time, just like that, and you will see the pounds peel off again. My brother was diagnosed with diabetes 6 mths ago, started walking every day for an hour after work (slooowwwly, he said), and tracking what he ate. He's lost 45 pounds and is on minimum insulin now.

Hey --You're headed in the right direction, so all you have to do is keep on walking!
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This place it awesome!!! I have never stuck anything out this long and I have never felt better. everyone here is very supportive and all the positive feedback is great!! Keep on walking!!! I stared around the second week of February but my diet started on the 1st of January. Being here makes me accountable so it is much easier and now I just kinds of know what I need to stay away from. Yes food is like a drug and Doritos are my Crack! so MFP helps keep me focused. Congrats! and welcome!
  • spomaney
    spomaney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE MFP! I've gained about 30lbs over the past few years and with the help of this site I've lost almost half of it in a little over 2 months! Not only have I last the weight, but I'm finally living a healthy life. I have also picked up running which is something that I always wanted to do. Thanks MFP!!