Favorite Pork or Pork Chop Recipes

Options
Sick of my same old pork loin or pork chop recipes...and I like to try to mix up our meat choices each week. Tonight is pork night, and I have no creative ideas!

Suggestions?

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    McCormick Inspirations Apple Sage Pork kit. It's yummy.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This is one of my go to favorites from cooking light. You can skip the whiskey ;) but why would you want to @ 310 cals/serving?

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/one-pan-whiskey-flavored-pork-chops-10000000223212/
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Mix a packet of Lipton onion soup mix with a cup of panko bread crumbs....

Clean and pat meat, dip in beaten egg and then roll in breadcrumb mix.

Nomnomnom.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I cut mine up into cubes and make a curry when the shake and bake gets tired.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/p90x-island-pork-tenderloin-439202

^^ my favorite but it takes a little extra time, I like to add pineapple it is delicious.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, brine first.
  • gcook1
    gcook1 Posts: 15
    Options
    Pork has always been my least favorite meats...because it was always over-cooked. Earlier this summer, I learned how to properly grill pork chops. Now it's becoming one of my favorite meats to grill. A lot of people drastically overcook their pork...leaving it dry and tough. When I grill it, I coat it with my favorite meat rub. It's a local mix but any rub would do. The trick is to sear the chops on high heat for 2 minutes, then move to low/medium heat for 4 minutes. Then flip over and repeat the two steps on the other side. If the chops are thick, I'll double the times and I always use boneless chops. Then the most important part.... let it rest for 10 minutes.
  • ddnyr
    ddnyr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    brown the pork in a pan both sides with alittle bit of olive oil, then add a jar of sweet and red cabbage, cover and simmer until cooked to your liking. This is different and it tastes so good!
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    We eat pork tenderloin often at my place. My favorite is marinating it in apple juice or white wine (apple cider, or apple wine is amazing!) garlic, onion, black pepper and sometimes a few other spices. I let it sit overnight then brush on BBQ sauce and Grill. Delicious.
    Pork Chops I like Breading them with panko and spices and baking or marinate them in Souvlaki marinade.
    My mom only had one way of doing pork... boil them in a can of mushroom soup. I would not recommend that :wink:
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of pork steaks. I put them in marinade (I like Daddy Hinkles original flavor marinade) and then grill them. I think they're much better tasting than beef steaks. They are fatty but you can trim them up and a little goes a long way. These have to be one of my all time favorite cuts of meat. : ) good luck!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I buy the thick pork chops, box of wild rice, 2 bell peppers and low-sodium tomatoes. I pour the wild rice in a casserole dish, mix the seasonings, diced bell peppers and tomatoes with it. I top with the pork chops, without even browning them. I usually add one cup of water. Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 1-1/4 hours. I check during that time to make sure there is enough liquid to keep the rice from burning. We love this dinner at our house. It comes out to be around 510 calories per serving, depending on the size of the pork chop.
  • demonsoul
    demonsoul Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like my pork chops with a sweet taste. i use 2 chops, browned on both sides. apples, red onion with a honey glaze
  • gerald1019
    gerald1019 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My favorite pork chop recipe is really simple.

4 pork chops
    1 can tomato soup, reduced sodium
    1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
    1 yellow onion, sliced
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops on both sides. Place bell pepper and onion slices on pork chops. Pour in tomato soup and 1/2 soup can water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve over brown rice.

These are so tender that you don't even need a knife.
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Pork roast in the crock pot with some Salsa and a packet of reduced Sodium McCormicks Taco Seasoning.

Pork Taco (I will be making this tomorrow :love: )
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Seasoned pork chops seared, then smothered in a mix of sauerkraut, apple slices, sliced red onions, apple cider vinegar, some cavaldos (or other brandy) and a touch of brown sugar.

Baked in the oven.

Served with roasted baby potatoes and steamed veggies, or wilted greens.
  • Sondrasr
    Options
    I just put in a dish with BBQ sauce smeared on top and cook my pork loin a 325 degrees for 20 minutes a pound. Always yummy with very little leftovers.
  • ewies84
    ewies84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great timing, as my pork chops are defrosting right now for supper tonight. Here is one of my favorite pork recipes as of late...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chops-with-Fresh-Tomato-Onion-Garlic-and-Feta/detail.aspx
  • jlqt2000
    jlqt2000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have a crock pot but if so... this is my favorite: boneless thin pork chops (about 4) a packet of the hill country ranch packet, and a can of cream of chicken soup with a can of water (I use reduced fat) then just put it all in the crock pout and cook on low for about 5 hours. Very tender and delicious. Sometimes we put it over brown rice!
  • Mamzaleg
    Options
    Great timing, as my pork chops are defrosting right now for supper tonight. Here is one of my favorite pork recipes as of late...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chops-with-Fresh-Tomato-Onion-Garlic-and-Feta/detail.aspx

Went with this one and LOVED IT!! Thanks for all the great suggestions!!!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump cos I love pork ! yummy !