Can anyone help motivate me , I amstrugling to stay on track

Options
Hi I have been trying to lose weight now for nearly six weeks with barely any result, I want to keep going but im struggling, can anyone help motivate me keep me o track, it helps me to get advice and check in with others, i need to lose 40 pounds and tone, any help is appreciated :)

Replies

• FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I lost 34lbs in 90 days doing P90x and now looking to help motivate others.
  • cc_126
    cc_126 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks, will add you now, do u think exercise or diet is more important?
  • aprylashburn
    Options
    You can add me. I will support you. I have days when I feel unmotivated so maybe we can tag team motivate each other. We are doing something good for us!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My food diary is open to friends and you're welcome to take a look at what I'm eating. I have lost 23 pounds in two and a half months. My biggest change has been eating habits, but I know that to truly be healthy, it's eating and exercise habits that need to change.

You can do this. I know this weight loss effort seems huge, and too big to tackle some days. But as my mom always used to say, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I think they are both important. But in order to get a desired physique you MUST focus on your nutrition. Because even working out an hour a day you can mess that progress up by eating the wrong foods the other 12 hours you are awake. So nutrition is more impoortant when working on your physique but exercise is important to get your physical fitness level up.

ryan
  • mercymarque
    Options
    this is a great place to get advice. Don't throw in the towel. Record everything u put in your mouth (esp liquids), eat as clean as you can (fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains), drink plenty of water this will not only keep u full but rid the toxins from your body, exercise get out and move. Find a exercise you like, DVD, get a partner to go with you for a walk a few days a week. If you stick to your calorie goals on here without going over and without staying below you will see results. Some will say eat back calories and some will say do not. I don't and it works for me. My suggestion would be eat some if u need to if not don't. Plan your meals and log them in to see where you fall. I try to log ahead most days. Look at folks journey and see what's good and healthy (u may find yourself trying new things). Good luck on your journey. You can do this.
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    hey hun why don't you join my group ripped in 30? there is loads of people on it and there very supportive plus its an inncentive to stay on track with exercise etc?? xx

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9789-ripped-in-30-nov-25th-to-dec-24th

EDIT your already on it so i see :) pop a topic on the boards there hun!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i struggled BIG time in the beginning and it took me almost 5 months till i seen any changes in me, clothes sizes, etc. I wanted to give up so badly but i knew i was doing the best thing. After that it has been almost smooth sailing.. i did pretty much hit my goal i am just having a hard time maintaining it... i seem to bounce around with the same 3 lbs now since sept... i did take me a year to lose 20-22 lbs.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

I think they are both important. But in order to get a desired physique you MUST focus on your nutrition. Because even working out an hour a day you can mess that progress up by eating the wrong foods the other 12 hours you are awake. So nutrition is more impoortant when working on your physique but exercise is important to get your physical fitness level up.

ryan

This is MY issue...
  • otkbrat
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I eat what I like but watch how much. I go to curves or do housework to burn the calories or sometimes walk. You just got to force yourself to get up and move. I've lost 50 pounds before I started on this site and hoping to lose at least a hundred more.

Debbie
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You are in the perfect spot to switch up into a completely different area of working out and getting fit! No seriously - 40 pounds is like the sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet spot!!!!

1. You still have enough weight on you that it will progress quicker than if you only had 15 or 10 to lose - so the scale not moving wont really discourage you.

2. If you are eating less than 1500 calories a day, NOW you get to amp it up and eat more!!! YAY!!!!!

3. Get your BMR calculated and be honest about how active you are when you arent exercising. here is an amazingly easy 1-2-3-4 one :D Height, weight, age, sex - calculate! Your BMR is how much gas you need just to turn on the car and get to and from work, ok? So its how many calories your body requires just to get the vital crap done and sleep. Not workouts- just organs and peeing- got it?

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

4. Now you get your TDEE - this a sciency looking set of letters that mean - THIS IS ABOUT HOW MUCH I BURN ON THE REGS, WALKING AROUND, WORKING OUT, HAVING SEX, CLEANING MY HOUSE, ETC.

Its not a big bro-science bit of too confusing rubbish- its honestly just the total energy you expend in a day.

Make sense? BMR is how much gas you need to go to work, TDEE is how much gas you used all day cause you didnt just go to work, you went shopping and then out with your friends and probably wal-mart ugh

You can find out your TDEE here! and I'll explain why in a minute!: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html or here to be more specific and get a more accurate number: http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

5. Now - SUBTRACT your BMR from your TDEE

My BMR is 1570
    My TDEE is 2900

The difference is 1330.

Now Im going to split that difference in half - 665.

SO Im going to put 665 extra calories in my BMR (1570) tank each day. 1570 + 665 = 2,235 calories to eat for the day.

Why??? Why would I eat MORE than my BMR to lose weight??

5. Now you get to put all the slave driving falling off the elliptical boring as hell cardio on the shelf :D

NOW you get to finish an entire workout in only 30 minutes or so (not including warm up and stretching) and be done at the gym!!

Now - at between 30-40 pounds left to lose- you get to start making sure that when all the weight is gone, the body underneath is the one you want - not just a smaller one with loose skin hanging off a droopy booty, know what I mean?? Now its time to enjoy making sure you look great naked too!!!

NOW you get squeeze all that tricky deceptive fat out of the way of your gorgeous muscular system and half the pretty muscles get shaped and the rest of the muscles shrink down to a leaner all over situation on your body.

If you find you have a lot of extra weight on your upper and lower back, your love handles, your gut, your boobs and thighs.... then you gotta jump into weight lifting with the rest of us and a good cardio session like once a week.

The weight lifting will whittle you down (believe me!!!) and AND improve your cardio when you switch back to it.

If you have NO clue where to start - get this book - The New Rules of Lifting for Women and actually read it (cause its actually a good fun read and Im not good with sciency books keeping my attenti...OOH SHINY!) Ive read it a couple times and Im still amazed.

Come over to the dark side and lift with the rest of us that are tired of killing ourselves and not making progress.

We want you here.

tumblr_mbouhu7rRP1qii6gjo1_500.jpg
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Decrease calories by 16%. Add 1 additional day of working out. Make each workout session 9 minutes longer. Eat 1 banana at exactly 1:45 every day.

Oh, what, that seems random? Well, you didn't provide any information about yourself and what you're doing currently.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Bumping just to reread Yoovie's post later...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Couple of things..

1. Yoovie hits the nail EVERY time with this information....ROCKSTAR!
    2. If you ask for help, be honest with answers, open your diary, and never fear that you think "you're doing it wrong"
    3. I can help further, add if you wish.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You are in the perfect spot to switch up into a completely different area of working out and getting fit! No seriously - 40 pounds is like the sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet spot!!!!

1. You still have enough weight on you that it will progress quicker than if you only had 15 or 10 to lose - so the scale not moving wont really discourage you.

2. If you are eating less than 1500 calories a day, NOW you get to amp it up and eat more!!! YAY!!!!!

3. Get your BMR calculated and be honest about how active you are when you arent exercising. here is an amazingly easy 1-2-3-4 one :D Height, weight, age, sex - calculate! Your BMR is how much gas you need just to turn on the car and get to and from work, ok? So its how many calories your body requires just to get the vital crap done and sleep. Not workouts- just organs and peeing- got it?

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

4. Now you get your TDEE - this a sciency looking set of letters that mean - THIS IS ABOUT HOW MUCH I BURN ON THE REGS, WALKING AROUND, WORKING OUT, HAVING SEX, CLEANING MY HOUSE, ETC.

Its not a big bro-science bit of too confusing rubbish- its honestly just the total energy you expend in a day.

Make sense? BMR is how much gas you need to go to work, TDEE is how much gas you used all day cause you didnt just go to work, you went shopping and then out with your friends and probably wal-mart ugh

You can find out your TDEE here! and I'll explain why in a minute!: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html or here to be more specific and get a more accurate number: http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

5. Now - SUBTRACT your BMR from your TDEE

My BMR is 1570
    My TDEE is 2900

The difference is 1330.

Now Im going to split that difference in half - 665.

SO Im going to put 665 extra calories in my BMR (1570) tank each day. 1570 + 665 = 2,235 calories to eat for the day.

Why??? Why would I eat MORE than my BMR to lose weight??

5. Now you get to put all the slave driving falling off the elliptical boring as hell cardio on the shelf :D

NOW you get to finish an entire workout in only 30 minutes or so (not including warm up and stretching) and be done at the gym!!

Now - at between 30-40 pounds left to lose- you get to start making sure that when all the weight is gone, the body underneath is the one you want - not just a smaller one with loose skin hanging off a droopy booty, know what I mean?? Now its time to enjoy making sure you look great naked too!!!

NOW you get squeeze all that tricky deceptive fat out of the way of your gorgeous muscular system and half the pretty muscles get shaped and the rest of the muscles shrink down to a leaner all over situation on your body.

If you find you have a lot of extra weight on your upper and lower back, your love handles, your gut, your boobs and thighs.... then you gotta jump into weight lifting with the rest of us and a good cardio session like once a week.

The weight lifting will whittle you down (believe me!!!) and AND improve your cardio when you switch back to it.

If you have NO clue where to start - get this book - The New Rules of Lifting for Women and actually read it (cause its actually a good fun read and Im not good with sciency books keeping my attenti...OOH SHINY!) Ive read it a couple times and Im still amazed.

Come over to the dark side and lift with the rest of us that are tired of killing ourselves and not making progress.

We want you here.

tumblr_mbouhu7rRP1qii6gjo1_500.jpg

Brilliant post..wish I'd seen this when I started out!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Likewise. It is absolutely full of win!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Likewise. It is absolutely full of win!

So much great information there
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    thank you guys :drinker:
  • cc_126
    cc_126 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you all , Especially Yoovie, Such a great inspirational post, your pics are fab , and d advice is great. Up umtil now, have bee boxing fpr one hour twice a week, and dong weights just twicw a weeek for around half an hour, i will def increase this,
    Can anyone tell me how to open my diary here?
    I will check out my bmr and tdee to see how many calories to eat

Thanks again for all your great advice :)
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have done so well with my weight loss but have been struggling.. Tonight I am trying for the first time a Zumba class with a friend.. I have finally had enough and it's time to get motivated and start working out more... Good luck.. We can do this..