Has anyoeties using a powerplate/vibroplate?

Options
Hey all ive recently started trying to lose weight get fit, My height is 5"2 weight 166 n i really need to lose upper body weight especially waist and chest. I currently exercise 3 times a week but i own a vibroplate which i never use, I was wondering has anybody had a positive result using a vibroplate or should i just stick to more traditional exercises ?

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think that if the vibroplate, whatever that is, was really good, more people would use it. I've never heard of it. I say stick with real exercise.
  • cc_126
    cc_126 Posts: 47
    Options
    I thinu may be right, congrats on your great weightloss, did it take long? Do you think diet or exercise is most important?
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Well, I did a combination of running and diet from the start. I used c25k to get running. I don't eat back my exercise calories most of the time.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/805724-want-to-run-do-it-some-crappy-advice-from-a-newbie

This is a post I just made with some advice for getting up and running. It might help if you're interested.
  • cc_126
    cc_126 Posts: 47
    Options
    Will read it now, Thank you :)
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey all ive recently started trying to lose weight get fit, My height is 5"2 weight 166 n i really need to lose upper body weight especially waist and chest. I currently exercise 3 times a week but i own a vibroplate which i never use, I was wondering has anybody had a positive result using a vibroplate or should i just stick to more traditional exercises ?

In the past I worked out on a vibplate once per week with a trainer at my dr.'s office. I used it as additional training not my main exercise regimen and my trainer had me doing a lot of strength training exercises on it with resistance bands. It made me energized for the day; however, I can not gauge how it contributed to my weight loss as I would also run or do another form of cardio the same day I did the vibplate & also regularly did another form of exercise. I did like it as an additional tool. Good luck!