ChaLEAN Extreme Program - Anyone Else?

Options
I bought this program about a week ago and it came in the mail today. I am going to be starting on Sunday and wanted to find out if anyone else is going to be starting soon, started recently or wants to start again that would like to keep me motivated and vice versa? My husband is doing it as well, but he doesnt need to lose weight - hes just looking to get in shape..

Let me know.

PS - I am blogging about my journey and will be tracking my results on here as well. I wrote my first blogs today and my second entry includes all my measurements and goals!

Replies

• Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    I've just started the Lean phase this week!! It's kicking my butt!! Honestly though, your eating is 80% of this program. I struggle with binge eating/emotional eating... so I haven't much weight.. Inches wise though!!! i'm seeing definition in my arms and legs that have never been there before!!

I'll definitely join you in this journey! I plan on doing a month on the extreme circuits once I'm finished and going through a second round of Chalene... this time eating RIGHT!!!

Best of luck in the program!! She makes if fun and enjoyable and you look forward to pushing play each day!!
  • Mommyof2in09
    Options
    yay! This is why I love this website.. so easy to find people! I struggle with my eating habits as well, but I am determined this time to stay the course and not let one bad meal ruin a day or one bad day ruin a week!

I happy to hear it that it is fun. I read a lot of reviews before ordering, but after reading through everything and seeing everything I got, I think it is going to be well worth the money!!!!!
  • futureonfire
    futureonfire Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in the first week of the PUSH phase - I went from basically just swimming a few tims a week to doing this progrm. I have WAY more weight to lose than you and lost about 9 pounds last month and get this ~~~ 29.75 inches all over my body!!

I just started REALLY counting my calroies in the last 2 weeks and that's where I lost the 8 pounds from... (I had a gain before I started which is why it says I've only lost 4) Anyways, I LOVE the program.. I am getting stronger and all my clothes are getting looser.

This past week eating has been a challenge because of TOM and I for some reason can't seem to eat enough for about 4 days before I start. But I am NOT stopping my workout.

I would love to keep progress with you!! I will be measuring myself again in about 3 1/2 weeks.

I am LOVING IT!!
  • Mommyof2in09
    Options
    Reading these posts I am getting even more excited about the program! Your inches lost is INCREDIBLE! I look forward to keeping progress with you!!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I did try a couple days of ChaLean. However, I just don't have enough weight in my home - dumbbells or my resistance bands (they are a little awkward for me). So I am using the gym I have access to for the next few months for heavy lifting - then if I can invest in Bowflex Selecttechs when I move to graduate school, I will start up ChaLean again. :)
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I found the Bowflex SelectTechs were too bulky for me. I couldn't use proper form. So I just used individual dumbbells. I loved ChaLean Extreme!! I came SO close to finishing my first round, but hurt my lower back in the Lean phase and never finished it. My hubby completed two rounds and lost 20 lbs. He enjoyed it....but I think it had a lot to do with the outfits the ladies were wearing more than anything. LOL!! j/k!....kinda

We plan on doing another round of it together after we finish RevAbs.

Congrats and I think you will really love this program!!
  • comiclady24
    Options
    I'm in the second week of the Burn phase, and I love it. I think you'll really love the variety of the program, and that you aren't doing the same workout every single day. I found that to be a problem with Slim in 6, I got so tired of that video. With Chalean, it's different everyday. I know I'll have to watch what I eat alot and not eat so many carbs at night, but fitness is a journey and I expect to do more than one round of chalean. I think you'll like the program!
  • Janiceburke
    Janiceburke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am trying it out! I too can need to get me some free weights to really begin, I tried the resistance bands and I can't get the hang of it either...but I'll keep trying until i can afford them cuz my 2 pounders are not doing anything! But I like the video! And I love Love LOve Bret's turkey chili! :) i have made a big batch the last two weeks and eat it for lunch every day...then if the family wants to eat out i grab a bowl before we go! :) I am sure you are going to enjoy i!!! I really need to start looking for some weights!!! cuz i feel stronger just the few times i have used it with the resistance bands!
  • romst19
    romst19 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of moving (end of the month), but I have the program and plan to start as soon as I'm settled in my new home, so early April. I can't wait! I've mainly been focused on cardio (except for Turbo Sculpt, for which I've only been using 3 lb. dumbells) I have never done any weight training before, so I'm looking forward to it and curious about the results I will see.
  • Mommyof2in09
    Options
    Today I am going to do the fit test and tomorrow I am going to start the program. I am really happy to see so many others who are also doing the program and happy with it!
  • futureonfire
    futureonfire Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The weight thing was a concern for me at first, but I only have to 10 pounds and I'm still getting great results!

I am searching craigslist for weights in my area.

Also, check in the sunday papers for sales on dumbbells. If you had 5, 10, and 12s you should be good.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    The weight thing was a concern for me at first, but I only have to 10 pounds and I'm still getting great results!

I am searching craigslist for weights in my area.

Also, check in the sunday papers for sales on dumbbells. If you had 5, 10, and 12s you should be good.

That is still too light for me to reach failure in 12 reps. I need 20+ lbs on a lot of moves. I have found someone who is selling power blocks, so I may buy those off them. :) Hooray for craigslist. :tongue:
  • Mommyof2in09
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

So, we decided we are going to do a Monday start instead of a Sunday start, but today we are going to do our fitness test and watch the instructional videos on resistance band basics. Based on reviews, I have a feeling we will be going to free weights pretty quickly!

Today, I bought this thermogentic pills, although I can't remember the name of them now - I will update later. I took one pill and it gave me a TON of energy.. can't wait to use it before a workout. Also, bought some protein shake mix (Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex (I think) - APS). We will be taking those as breakfast in the morning before workout.

I had a rough weekend food wise, but didn't do as bad as I thought. My weight has stayed steady last couple days, but my body fat percentage during that time actually went down by 1.5%!
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Excellent choice in workout program! I am on my last week of the 90 day cycle. I have been very pleased by how it's really sculpted my muscles and made me feel stronger. I hope you enjoy it!
  • Mommyof2in09
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to post an update that I am doing my first workout today instead since I was not able to do it as expected (migraine and virtigo are not a good combination for standing, much less doing a workout).. I'll post update later!
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am in week one of the Push Phase, my only suggestion is to make sure you are ready to give it your all. The Burn was getting too easy for me and now the 1st day of Push hasme feeling it again. Good Luck and if you do it right and go all the way through you will see an inches difference.
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hello everyone.. I just have to say this is an amazing program...i haven't lost much weight..partially because of my eating habits..but also because of all the muscle i'm building...u should see my legs and my arms are starting to show some definition. I have lost some inches though. I am on the 2nd week of the lean phase OMG it kills me but I love it..i am addicted to it.. I will take a month break and do slip 6 and will do another round of Chalean..
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    hello everyone.. I just have to say this is an amazing program...i haven't lost much weight..partially because of my eating habits..but also because of all the muscle i'm building...u should see my legs and my arms are starting to show some definition. I have lost some inches though. I am on the 2nd week of the lean phase OMG it kills me but I love it..i am addicted to it.. I will take a month break and do slip 6 and will do another round of Chalean..

I'm exactly where you are! I plan on doing a second round once this one if finished and trying MUCH harder to focus on eating well, and on goal during that round to see what kind of results happen there. Haven't lost anything, but there's definitely definition and a lot more strength in my body now!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I'm looking for more people to come join me in the CHALEAN EXTREME group!! We ask questions, give our feedback, share successes!!! I've finished the program recently and have started LEAN for LIFE, and am still loving it!!! Come join me!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/75369-chalean-extreme