please help me determine values for my homemade beef stew

Options
I really need help with food values for my homemade beef stew :( I want to put it on my MFP but how? It was standard Irish Beef stew...Beef, carrots, onions, potatoes and seasonings. I had 1/3 cup and need the info on how I add it or figure it out. I need to print up my MFP for my appointment Thursday.

Replies

• Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Food Tab
    Then Recipies Sub header
    Then the green 'Enter New Recipe' button to the right.

Enter each ingredient and amount in your stew and estimate the number of servings in the whole recipe.

i've been doing it more often for stuff I make at home.
  • Kersmudgekins
    Kersmudgekins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would suggest looking up how much everything you put in was and mark it on a piece of paper. Then divide what is left into portion sizes then divide your numbers by portions.

I remember there being a calculator on line somewhere but I cannot remember which site it was.
  • ShrinkingEvie
    Options
    I know now to do this in future.....but I just threw together a beef stew this am no clue on amounts as usual...I am just 11 days out from WLS...From here on out will write a recipe and input it......any idea on cals/carbs/sugars/fat and protein for a 1/3 cup of traditional beef stew?
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    This is hard---I always guess on the high end and that way my total is higher than I actually ate :tongue:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    42?
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    In a case like this I'd just search canned stews and pick one in the middle. But next time, the recipe calculator on the mfp site is a great help.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    how much does it weigh?
  • ShrinkingEvie
    Options
    Thank you great idea!!!!!!
    :laugh:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    For recipes I write it down as I am cooking then put it in because I do not like how you have to have the number of servings before adding ingredients.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is why I usually log my meals before I eat them. Laptop or iPad sits on kitchen counter when cooking and as I weigh an ingredient I log it.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,773 Member
    Options
    My homemade beef stew is about 155 calories, 14.5 g protein, 14.4 carbs. And 4.8 g fat. But every recipe is a little different. My servings are about 1 1/2 cup.
  • kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 286 for 1 1/2 cup