Do you find Fitness Pal's Calorie Counts are too low??

Hi all - I'm following Weight Watchers as well, and I'm finding that when I try to count calories using the figures from FP, they seem so unrealistic! Can you easily maintain the 1400 cals per day that FP sets out (in my case anyways). With weight watchers I get about 1800 cals...obviously the less I take in the more I lose, but which one is smarter?

Replies

• It depends on what you set your weight loss goal as.
    Also, MFP requires you to eat back some exercise calories.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    MFP's 1400 is NET calories, not the total you should eat if you get some exercise. Mine is set for 1540 to lose, but after I exercise it gives me more and is usually 1800+. Today, it gave me up to 2200 which should get my "net" to 1540.
  • MFP's 1400 is NET calories, not the total you should eat if you get some exercise. Mine is set for 1540 to lose, but after I exercise it gives me more and is usually 1800+. Today, it gave me up to 2200 which should get my "net" to 1540.

Ahh, I'm new to this so I didn't realize that. Thanks!
  • MFP's 1400 is NET calories, not the total you should eat if you get some exercise. Mine is set for 1540 to lose, but after I exercise it gives me more and is usually 1800+. Today, it gave me up to 2200 which should get my "net" to 1540.

Totally agree!!
  • If 1800 is working for you, stick with it! The MFP calculator, like Weight Watchers points, is just a guide. Neither one will work perfectly for everyone.

Welcome!
  • If 1800 is working for you, stick with it! The MFP calculator, like Weight Watchers points, is just a guide. Neither one will work perfectly for everyone.

Welcome!