Accountability friends?

Options
Hi :smile: My name is Lauren, I'm 23yrs old and a mother of 2 boys. My first boy is 21 months and my second is 4 months. Naturally, I am extremely tired and worn out, 24/7. :laugh:

I gained 50lbs with both pregnancies. When I became pregnant with my first I was 135lbs (and I thought I was FAT!!! OMG.) and after I had him I dropped down to 150. I stayed at that weight until I got pregnant with my second and then I hit the 200lb mark right before I had him. Yikes. I dropped down to about 165lbs in a few weeks but actually gained a few more pounds due to major stress in my life. Looong story. Anyway, my HW was 172lbs after both my babies. I have been walking and eating healthier and have dropped down to 164...and then plateaued. For about a week I haven't been able to get below 164. Very unmotivating and I already have given in to too many cravings. I think in the last week I've had a box of Little Debbie cakes and fast food twice :sad: Thanksgiving was a disaster. I told myself I was only going to have a spoonful of everything and a small peice of dessert. Yeah...I had a heaping spoonful of everything and then seconds and 2 desserts. :embarassed: I've put it behind me and I'm ready to start over again!!!

I am going to visit my family in PA in April (I'm in Dallas, TX) of next year and I want to be looking my best!!!! I haven't seen any of them since 2008.

I am looking for friends to motivate me to CONTINUE to work out and eat healthier and most importantly, be an accountability partner! I am a-w-f-u-l at portion controlling my food. I don't really have anyone to help keep me in line. I'd like to be more self-motivated and self-disciplined but I'm just not that person, unfortunately.

If you think you'd like to be accountability partners or a motivator (I will do the same for you!), please message me or add me as a friend. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    just have to say that i love your username!!! (my name is dalton) lol but good luck to you i know if you work hard and keep with it you can reach your goal
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is joy I am a busy mum of 3 kids I live in the UK. With my first child I gained a lot of weight but lost it all within 4 months. 8 years later i had my twins it was a rough pregnancy and i couldn,t eat much due to indigestion and just being so large and uncomfortable I gained 24lbs and 14lb 4 oz of that was babies, however once they were born I made up for lost time and ate with every night feed as well as regular meals. I gained a further 14lb on top of the pregnancy weight and felt fat frumpy and disgusting. It took me 6 years to do anything about it, my niece was on MFP so I joined and it has been life changing. now almost at target feel better about myself than i have ever done in my life and am now a fitness junky who eats very well. If you want to add me feel free i know where you are coming from and hopefully can motivate you.
  • MommaDalton
    Options
    added you! :D
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a fan of Little Debbies myself, which is why I can't keep them in the house. :)
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    welcome yes we all need people to push us even more since the holidays are coming up

where in pa is your family at i live in pa

enjoy your life and may each goal be reached
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in this for the long haul. I've got about 40 more pounds to lose and I'll need all the help I can get and I can give.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    South Texas area here!

Great MoTivator and love giving tips to help others ;)

anyone can ( ADD ME )
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have been working on this for a while and have lost a total of 70 lbs. I am at 170 which was my original goal but my new goal is 162. We can do it.
  • dancngdolfn
    dancngdolfn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like :). I am down 61 lbs and almost to my goal but would love to try to help you out any way i can.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I ooze motivation :) Let's go!!
  • EuripidesII
    Options
    I scratch and bite.
  • MommaDalton
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! :) i sent yall requests! here's to enouragement :drinker:
  • LiveLife4Others
    LiveLife4Others Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I read your post, I related so much!! I'm 27 year old mother of two boys...a 3 year old and a 3 month old. Only one portion size fits me...and it's a HUGE portion. I love to feel full, and I love to eat! Anyway, Here's to encouraging girl! We got this :)
  • busybee507
    Options
    I'm looking for accountability too! I don't want to ask my husband because with my luck, I'll have a super emotional day and he'll just be trying to "help" and then I might have to hurt him :wink: LOL Sent you a request!
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you can count on me. this is my third time on here. i love it. I just had my son about one month ago, and im super excited to be back on this web site. Cant wait to see the weight just sweat off.And just feel better about myself and life, in general lol. i have a totall of 4 kids and i need all the help i can get. so lets do this together. im up for the challenge :) congradz on your baby!!! :)
  • rmquintela
    Options
    Hi Lauren,
  • MommaDalton
    Options
    yall are too sweet :happy: thank you SO SO much for the support!!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    HI Lauren ~

Might I suggest investing in a food scale? They're not expensive; you can pick one up at Walmart or Target. I think mine cost $10. I will also say measure everything. Yes, everything. If you're going to eat some nuts; measure them in a tablespoon; if you're eating grapes; measure in measuring cup....seriously. You'll be shocked at actual portion sizes. This will go a long way towards helping you stay on track. If you bite ...you write it!

I know you can do this...I think you want it bad enough....HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT??? You can find ways to get exercise if you want it bad enough even with little ones. While they're napping; strapping them in a stroller (jogging strollers are great).

How you doing on eating vegetables? You know green, red, orange, red, purple, blue? Those? Incorporate lots of vegetables and fruit into your day; you will fill up fast for very few calories.
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love MFP! I have lost 27 pounds with the help of this community :) Good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can add me I'm here all the time! We can do this!