Frequency of weigh-ins?

Options
Hello!

How often does everyone weigh in and why? I am thinking a weigh in every week or two weeks even... any suggestions? I'm just getting started on here.

Thanks!

Replies

• cinbol
    cinbol Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers recommends once a week - I have stuck by that - the same time and day each week and similar clothing to be consistent, but don't get on the scales in between. This has worked for me in the past.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I do my official weigh-in once a week. but weigh myself everyday to keep myself motivated. if I'm over than the day before I work a little harder and drink more water so the next day I am back down. But I do understand that weight fluctuates everyday so I don't take the daily numbers as personally.
  • b_edwards002
    Options
    i agree once a week at the same time and wearing the same clothing or as close as possible.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the mornings. It helps me to stay on track. I log all losses, but I only log gains if they remain for three days since water fluctuates so much. :)
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I would honestly rather not step on a scale for the rest of my life.. but alas I need to know how many calories I am burning per my weight, so I stick to the usual once a week, in the morning after I wake up, and before I eat or drink anything. Saturday mornings seem to the the best days, but I currently weigh myself mid week, Wednesday mornings.

also, I step on the scale naked. ( edited to add this )
  • KeithMcCaz
    Options
    I understand the thought of doing it only once a week since daily fluctuations can be so high, but think about it: What if your weekly weigh-in is on one of those bounces up? You might think you lost zero for the whole week. Much better to weigh every day and get a feel for the average. I agree with everyone else on when to do it: First thing in the morning is easiest and most consistent. I always log, ups and downs. Remember: if you had an up one day, all the better your down is the next, so log it! Also, daily gains can motivate you to make sure they don't happen. I've lost 70 pounds doing it this way, and only 25 more to go.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I also weigh every day first thing while the coffee is brewing. I've learned not to fret over the small fluctuations, but for me, I need to know. I think this is highly individual. But if I got out of the habit, weeks and months would go by and I'd be back in the denial I once was.
  • allie491
    allie491 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on the same day, in the morning with no clothes....after I pee :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I log in every morning...I don't think I could handle not knowing but only once a week..
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I'm being good, I weigh every morning. My weight can fluctuate up and down by as much as 5 pounds throughout the week. I would hate the end up weighing on the day it was abnormally high and think that I was gaining instead of losing.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Hello. I weigh in on Fridays. Come join me in the group. Look under community then groups. Weigh in Group Friday. I log in every friday.