NSV - Longest Run Ever

Options
Lets just say I roughly started "trying" to run 4 years ago. I started small for my now ex-boyfriend. 1-2 miles daily. My longest ever was a 5k, and then 3 miles periodically. I once half ran/walked a 5 mile. Needless to say though I think I only ever ran an entire 3 mile once.

However the last few runs I've had, I've managed to do over 4 miles straight without having to stop and walk. I've maintained a 10min/mile pace. I cannot express how proud of myself I am, and how much it makes me want to push harder.

Even though I've put on weight, and haven't had as much time for the gym, it helped me regain some faith in myself that I'm not as out of shape as I thought I was, and I have the opportunity to bounce back.

So for all those people out there who think you're not a runner, keep going. Its taken me 4 years to get to this point!

Replies

• rozeltf
    rozeltf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's a great post! I started running in June and have felt that 3 miles is most I can do at same pace. Like you've said, takes time. Nice going!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling so congrats.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Just wait til you finish your first half marathon!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great post! Keep at it, you've crossed a great threshold! That is a great distance and a great pace!! You SHOULD be proud! And with that pride will come confidence and more ambition. Stay where you are comfortable running, but if you want to increase, don't go crazy, try to maybe go 2-3 minutes longer each week. I hurt my knee running, and my PT had me increase that time (NOT distance) on a weekly basis. I ran seven miles last week for the first time ever. Figure out where you want to be distance wise and you will get there! :flowerforyou:
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Great work! You've got a case of "runner's high" and it's an awesome feeling. Keep it up!
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment. :flowerforyou:
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The running bug bites again...
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    Great post! Keep at it, you've crossed a great threshold! That is a great distance and a great pace!! You SHOULD be proud! And with that pride will come confidence and more ambition. Stay where you are comfortable running, but if you want to increase, don't go crazy, try to maybe go 2-3 minutes longer each week. I hurt my knee running, and my PT had me increase that time (NOT distance) on a weekly basis. I ran seven miles last week for the first time ever. Figure out where you want to be distance wise and you will get there! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for this insight. I did 4 miles last week, and this week as my long run tried to push it a bit longer, which ended up as 4.3 miles. Right now it's my "long run" during the week with 2-3 milers inbetween. However I want to get to running 4-5miles regularly and pushing to 10miles as my long run. I'm hoping it wont take me another 4 years though, haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!