Too much Protein

Options
I have been under my calorie goals daily but over my recommended protein level about 20 on average.... Can anyone inform me on the potentially negative affects of too much protein? Thanks :)

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What are your macros set at?
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    The daily goal is set at 61 and I am averaging about 80.... Still kind of new here so where would I find the macro settings....
  • envy09
    Options
    You can set up your own macros in the goals section under the Home tab. I would recommend 1g of protein for every pound of lean body mass. Sixty-one seems low, but MFP has a problem with that.
  • HollyEvans84
    Options
    You can set up your own macros in the goals section under the Home tab. I would recommend 1g of protein for every pound of lean body mass. Sixty-one seems low, but MFP has a problem with that.

AGREED!
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    Okay thanks for the help. I am 5'9" and 169 I would like to be 150... what would you recommend?:smile:
  • envy09
    Options
    It depends on your BF%. Here is a good site to get you an ok estimation on what you're at right now: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Take the number of pounds it gives you in lean body mass and eat that many grams of protein.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Too much protein? No such thing as long as you stay within your calorie goals. All hail king protein!
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It depends on your BF%. Here is a good site to get you an ok estimation on what you're at right now: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Take the number of pounds it gives you in lean body mass and eat that many grams of protein.

What she said, except If you are not doing a lot of strength training, eat 1g/lb of lean body mass at your ideal weight and fat percentage, not at your current weight/fat. If you are hitting the weights, 1.5g/lb of ideal lbm is good on weight training days
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    Awesome... Thank you. My recommended intake would be 117. I really appreciate the advice and help! :wink: