Replies

• kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Smiling? Well why didn't you say so! I've been doing it all wrong this whole time! Bring on the food! I'll smile it off!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Go kiss someone with Mono, hope you get necrotic tonsillitis and spend 10 days in such excruciating pain with a throat so swollen you physically lose the ability to eat even disregarding the excruciating pain! You'll lose ten whole pounds and it's totally worth it, the weight stays off when you resume normal eating, obviously! Everyone here who says low and slow is the way to go is just on a high horse, they have no idea what they're talking about!

LOL :P
  • 240x30
    240x30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I almost broke a nail to get in here....

Until I read someone somepl's post. Puts things in perspective.
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    "Smiling? Well why didn't you say so! I've been doing it all wrong this whole time! Bring on the food! I'll smile it off!"

Actually, that's almost exactly true!! I have found that the best way to lose weight is happiness, satisfaction, feeling good. Smiling! It's really a brilliant feeling to realize that when you first discover it.
    I dunno about 5 lbs every week but for weight loss in general it sure is a great strategy ;)

OP: Eat less, move more, and don't TRY to lose 5 lbs a week, just lose as much as your body decides to lose. Trust me, you don't need to hurry. I'm studying ballet at a professional academy and I must lose more weight if I want to get my diploma, so if anyone needs to rush it's me - AND STILL I'M NOT RUSHING!!! I am in the most strict place in the world for weight and even so the nurses and the teachers here are happy with a loss of 0.5 kg ( ~1 lbs) a week and say that's what I should aim for. Guess what? I end up losing more anyway. I wont complain, I'll take it. But being consistent is more important than being quick. If you wanted to lose X amount of weight by whenever your deadline is, you should have started earlier. Too bad, that's over now, but learn from your mistakes and start NOW and start something that is good and you can keep up so that you won't have to feel like you need to lose 5 lbs/week again.