365 Days + pics!

Options
Calipalm
Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
Here it is! My NSV i have logged in my food, bite for bite, for 365 days in a row! I am so thrilled that i have been able to accomplish that! I want to make this simple and to the point.

I am so HAPPY. I NEVER thought that I was capable of accomplishing something so extraordinary. In fact I never took charge, until 1 year ago.

The big eye opener was when I was diagnosed with Non alcoholic fatty liver disease. The doctor explained it to me this way, "your liver is damaged to the point where it may seem as though you have been consuming alcohol for most of you life." It was the most shocking news ever. He told me that if the result didn't improve within the next 2 months i would need to get a liver biopsy. And this was all purely through my diet! Bad eating. I don't drink! It was all unhealthy fat!!!

I thought to myself this will not be permanent, i will improve my health because it is in my hands. I cannot let myself fail on something that i can change!!!

I signed up with a health coach through my husbands work, who simply helped lay out my obstacles such as late night eatings and lack of sleep. She also introduced me to MFP and urged me to log my food for 7 days, and here i am 365 days later. Logging daily.

I started simple with at home work out, like Hip hop abs. Then i slowly started using the elliptical. Soon i began Zumba and was becoming addicted. Slowly i started coming out of my shell and doing zumba 4 times a week plus running. Now I attend any class i am able, such as pilates and free weight classes. I yearn for the sweat and i can't wait to push myself further and further. Sadly i've yet to run any 5ks but it is in my future no questions asked! :)

In September I injured my ankle. Grade 3 ankle sprain, causing the lateral ligaments in my ankle to tear. Completely tear. It was the most disgusting sound in my life! And it was a terrible morning in Boot camp class. 3 Doctors visits, 6 physical therapy sessions and 2 months later, i am about 80% healed. I kept logging religiously, since working out was out of the question for a part of that time, and once i was allowed to start working out again, the doctor didn't have to tell me twice! :)

I just want to say that losing weight sucks. It sucks when you can't eat what you want. Well more like when you shouldn't :) I am not perfect nor will i ever be. But i strive to be my perfect. I set goals for myself and try and reach them. To others it may be ridiculous or childish but its not about them, is it? Its about ME! Its about my comfort zone and MY HEALTH. So when those times come where we compare ourselves to others, remind yourself that you are amazing, and capable. That you are worth it! That every tear you cry, and sweat you break, its you being respectful and loving to yourself. Because it is important and it does matter. KEEP GOING. Never stop. And keep faith! You will succeed, when your heart aches and your body hurts so bad, you know you have the determination and no one can stop you, except yourself, so get out of the way!!!!!! YOU deserve to be healthy.

I've lost
-42lbs
Started with a body fat percentage of 41.5 now down to around %35
Lost lots of inches not sure how many :(

Workout36500.jpg

Thanksgiving36500.jpg

Replies

• Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing your very inspiring story!!!! You have come so far and are doing fantastic!
  • goBlake
    Options
    Yeees! Thank you for sharing! I'm just starting here and that gives me so much motivation!
    You've done a very great job and I love it when you say "I strive to be my perfect!": this is so true! I will remember that!
    Thank you, and congrats!
  • katiedidit1
    katiedidit1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good work! The bottom set of pictures look like and older sister on the left and a younger happier sister on the right! Keep up the great work and thank you for the inspiration!
  • pattiFM
    pattiFM Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job! You motivate me! :)
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look amazing! And so, so happy!!! Congrats!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing and you are just adorable! So proud of you!!
  • Amanda_Lee_525
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the awesome work! You're so inspiring :)
  • QTRARO
    QTRARO Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done, good on you for looking after your health.. so beautiful keep it up!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing, thanks for sharing.

I've added you. I was also diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver disease and that was the thing that kickstarted my road to recovery.
  • zevonfangrrrl
    Options
    You look so beautiful!!! Such an inspiring post!!
  • annas3911
    Options
    What a fab story and you look fantastic - well done hun! :)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Lookin good! Be proud! :)
  • persuader1
    persuader1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Absolutley fantastic!! You look great!!
  • dorkyhippy
    Options
    Ah! This is awesome! Wonderful job in taking control of your health and logging every day is a huge feat! CONGRATS!
  • DashaSalt
    DashaSalt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congatulations! Consistant work pays off!
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring- thank you!
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Happy 365 great logging in ....Congrats on the weight lost !!!!
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Gave me inspiration to keep going. I'm just starting out on this journey (again!) and I am determined to not FAIL this time. I keep telling myself that the reward is worth all the pain, sweat and tears. Thanks again.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!