The scale hasn't gone down, but I see progress!

Options
So, I have been at this since the end of May 2012, but I never thought to take pictures at the beginning. Two months ago I began to focus my efforts on weight lifting and decided to take some pictures then to document my progress. Tonight, for no special reason really, I took some progress pictures...and comparing them side to side, I am really pleased! Though the scale has hardly budged at all, I can definitely see that my work is paying off! :D

Untitled.jpg

Replies

• QTRARO
    QTRARO Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference too. Can I ask your weight/height.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am 5'11.5 and weigh ~190lbs
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Based on your pics it looks like you may have lost some fat and gained some muscle... In such a situation staying the same weight on the scale is still a good thing. You are making progress!
  • ssteinbring677
    Options
    Thanks! I'm shifting into the "F%^& the scale" mentality and am going to start basing my progress off of inches lost, the way my clothes fit, progress pictures, etc. . .the scale has only served to annoy me :P
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I can definitely tell a difference in the inches. I can tell, yes, that you're very tall without you having to say lol. You look great :) Keep up the great progress!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I hate my scale. I just got my bf to hide them yesterday night because I realized how inaccurate they are. I have not lost a single pound in over 3 months, but just in the last month I am down 1.5 inches off of my waist line. Yeah.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    scale is the devil! Measurements and progress pics say it all. Congrats!
  • wesl3y60
    wesl3y60 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    maybe this is why i am SO frustrated, the scale is ruining me!!!!!
  • ssteinbring677
    Options
    I hate my scale. I just got my bf to hide them yesterday night because I realized how inaccurate they are. I have not lost a single pound in over 3 months, but just in the last month I am down 1.5 inches off of my waist line. Yeah.

exactly!
  • ssteinbring677
    Options
    maybe this is why i am SO frustrated, the scale is ruining me!!!!!

take your measurements and hide the scale!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!

I agree that we should not be too concerned with the scale in the short run. I gained 2 pounds on my scale last week, but I know it is probably just water weight based on my (slight) calorie deficit last week and my increased sodium consumption (increasing water retention).
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I notice a difference! U look more toner!! Keep it up!! :)
  • Pinkbee43
    Options
    You look great! I seem to have stopped losing weight but my clothes are lse and I have lost over an inch on my waist. We are now obviously solid muscle! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!