So overwhelmed.... with cooking

Options
lovelyladyJ21
lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
I have some Pork Shoulder Steak that I bought for a really really great price ($2). Haven't cooked them yet because I'm kind of overwhelmed. I have no Idea what to make with them. They're already marinated but whats the best way to cook them?

This is the only reason I despise cooking. I feel like we always have the same things day by day. I try new recipes all the time but I have a hard time finding good recipes. I wanted something simple tonight so I thought this would be it but we can't just have steak for dinner.

Replies

• buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to cook pork steaks in a non-stick fry pan. Just before they are done, spread some seeded mustard, spring onions and a small amount of grated cheese on top of each steak and cover the pan for a minute or two. The cheese should melt down over the steak and it tastes great with the mustard and spring onion.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What do you do for side dishes?
    I was thinking some Broccoli but I'm not really sure what to make with it!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I like roasting broccoli - just snap it into florets and then bake in the oven with a touch of olive oil and plenty of garlic. I also add chilli if I feel like something a bit spicy. It makes a nice change to steamed broccoli and is very flavoursome.

In terms of the pork, I grill mine. Sometimes I coat them in sweet chilli sauce, sometimes maple syrup and sliced apple on top. Recently I've just been doing good old salt and plenty of black pepper and then some thyme, sage, rosemary or oregano - basically whatever herbs I have to hand.

Enjoy :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Pork shoulder should be slow cooked if you want it tender. crock pot or 270 degree oven for about 4-5 hours for best results.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    If they're already marinaded just fry them in a little oil. I'd serve them with frozen mixed vegetables or a simple stir fry. The flavour of the marinade means you shouldn't need to do anything to fancy with side dishes.

Don't be afraid!