just getting it out there...

Options
My routine has changed , I now work from 2pm till 11:pm

I usually have something to eat around 7:30 pm .yet when I get home ..I'm starving !
I want to eat bread and fried foods..etc...

So I'm actually eating twice at night and I know that means serious gain weight.
I go to sleep around 1:00am ..Wake up at 10:00am tired and hungry again...and the vicious cycle starts again.

I know I should not eat again once I get home . I should try to get to sleep before earlier so I'm not so tired in the morning.

Ugghh!!!

I Know ..Iknow ...rrrggg....

Replies

• appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    you have my sympathy :)
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    If you are staying within your calorie range it doesn't matter when you eat (Unless you are doing IF).

My schedule changes daily - rotating shifts - so I eat at different times everyday.
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes we just do things out of habit. Like, normally you were hungry and anticipating eating when you got home, so now you have that same sensation just because you've arrived home...if that makes sense. Anyway, sounds like you just need to stock up on some healthy things to snack on when you get home...fruit, granola bars, etc. Soup would also be a good option. Good luck!
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My shift switches so much that I cannot even tell you what I work. I have issues with the eating at random times but when I get that way I will drink a bottle of water and if I am still hungry I will go for a piece of fruit, this way it is something healthy and not too heavy. I try not to eat a full meal prior to going to bed but sometimes when I get off of work at 0730 (morning) I cannot help it. I would say try to stay under your calories and just make sure you are not caving into those unhealthy cravings. Good luck!!
  • ninjakowski
    Options
    Nothing wrong with eating after you get home from work, I work shift work too sometimes and I know how it can mess up your eating habits.
    If you know you will eat that extra meal, just plan for it - my hours atm mean that I eat two breakfasts (4am and 8am), plus lunch, so I just plan my days that I eat 3 small-ish meals during the day and have room for a larger meal at night.

Plan ahead so you haven't run out of calories at 11pm and you should be fine :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if i stay up late i would be hungry again after 11. why not just save some of your calories from a meal when you get home?
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    2 options - you could try and get up a tad later, have breakfast around midday, lunch around 5pm, dinner when you get home, with snacks in between.

Or you can do what I do when I have a "long day" (first night shift of a rotation), and that's eat 4-5 meals a day plus snacks, but make them super low calorie - vegies and portion controlled meat. It works for me and I rarely go over

It's hard when habits and body clock and just being human means that we want food when it doesn't fit into what we want our calories to be... my advice would be just to play around with it until you find something that works for you!

Edited to add: eat at any time, time really, really doesn't matter, it's the numbers that count.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Nothing about eating late means "serious weight gain". Unless, like mentioned above, you are on an Intermittent Fasting schedule, you can eat whenever you want. Just stay within your calories. If you want to eat at 7pm and at 11pm, you can, just have calories set aside and try to only eat if you are truly hungry.
  • DaoneandonlyMe
    DaoneandonlyMe Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ... :)