New on board

Options
Hi all,
I recently switched from JEFIT to myfitnesspal, just because of its food and nutrition record keeping ability ;-). My first goal is to lose 3Kg in 2 weeks. :smile:

Replies

• GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welocme to MFP.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Losing 6 and a half lbs in two weeks might be a little over ambitious. But, if you can do it in a healthy way, go for it!
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    Losing 6 and a half lbs in two weeks might be a little over ambitious. But, if you can do it in a healthy way, go for it!
    Thats true, It is a tough goal, specially with my lower back injury
    my plan is, increasing carbohydrates and fiber in food, more cardio than strength exercise.(honestly! it is very dificult for me to get off the strength exercises after doing 30 to 45 min cardio, I just can't stop :-) )

Thanks Hanselman
  • KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board Naveed. You need good amount of calorie deficit to achieve your goal to lose 3 kg in 2 weeks. I wish you the best for the same. :)
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    thnx kamal
    With strength exercises, I usually take 2700-3200 per day in 6 meals.
    Do you think, cutting 1000-1500 per day would not crash me down?
  • ljpocko
    Options
    Hey there,

I am a huge junk food addict, biscuits and snack foods have been my downfall for a long time, I used to be a good 2 stone lighter than I am now and have been for the last 3 years. A friend recommended this site to me.
    Since recording my calories, I find I am a lot more choosy about what I eat. For instance, sunday we had a macdonalds luch, which left me next to nothing to eat for the rest of the day in my calorie goal, which has dropped by over 1000 a day, (biscuits fault).
    Also I eat much more healthy now I am aware and also, if I've overdone it a bit on the food, it makes me more likely to go for a long walk with the dog. Its only been a week, I am far from starving and have much more energy. I am not sure with the exercise you do about dropping so many calories, however, I have a juice machine, I find that if I know I will be doing a huge amount of exercise, I build up a lot of valuable nutrition by making some protein juices. There are some fab ones designed for workouts which will keep you full and healthy, I can send you some of the recipies if you like, or reccomend the book, however you may find you need a juicer ha!!
    Also these have little calorie content but loads of the nutrition you will need. I manage to work at least one juice a day into my diet, I can pretty much replace a meal with them too. I don't often because I like my food, but I can honestly say discovering them were by far a miracle cure to that food/eight/calorie/nutrition goal I need daily.

Lise x
  • pru101
    pru101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I am a huge junk food addict, biscuits and snack foods have been my downfall for a long time, I used to be a good 2 stone lighter than I am now and have been for the last 3 years. A friend recommended this site to me.
    Since recording my calories, I find I am a lot more choosy about what I eat. For instance, sunday we had a macdonalds luch, which left me next to nothing to eat for the rest of the day in my calorie goal, which has dropped by over 1000 a day, (biscuits fault).
    Also I eat much more healthy now I am aware and also, if I've overdone it a bit on the food, it makes me more likely to go for a long walk with the dog. Its only been a week, I am far from starving and have much more energy. I am not sure with the exercise you do about dropping so many calories, however, I have a juice machine, I find that if I know I will be doing a huge amount of exercise, I build up a lot of valuable nutrition by making some protein juices. There are some fab ones designed for workouts which will keep you full and healthy, I can send you some of the recipies if you like, or reccomend the book, however you may find you need a juicer ha!!
    Also these have little calorie content but loads of the nutrition you will need. I manage to work at least one juice a day into my diet, I can pretty much replace a meal with them too. I don't often because I like my food, but I can honestly say discovering them were by far a miracle cure to that food/eight/calorie/nutrition goal I need daily.

Lise x

I am on the same boat! i love food and i couldnt believe how many calories i was eating! now i TRY and control my self. I have the worse sweet tooth ever! being at university leave me no exercise time! the most i do is walk! I hope to loose 44lbs by April! lets see how i do lol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This is a race between the Tortoise and the Hare. Be wary of speed; you know who will win in the end. Good luck to you.
  • ljpocko
    Options
    Hi Prutha,

I have tried every fad going this last 3 years, since having a baby!
    I so miss my skinny days, although they werent the healthiest, I was still skinny!
    Its amazing watching the stuf you eat broken down on here tho!
    I actually can't believe that half a packet of biscuits is actually nearly a full days worth of meals.
    I am finding that the juices I make are a really good replacement for sugar. i cant recommend them highly enough. And really easy to make and do. I am not an exercise fan, walking the dog and cleaning is about my limit, it only cost me 500 quid worth of wasted gym membership to discover that, but I feel really positive using this, knowing a 30 min walk with the dog allows me extra food is ace!!
    I would like to lose at least a stone but prefferably about 2!
    I dont know why we kill oursewlves so much about being skinny, but i had honestly got to the point where my stomach constatnly felt heavy and painful and yet after just a week I now feel so much better.
    I couldnt believe the other day, I was eyeing up a cherry bakewell in the cupboard, soon as I put it into the MFP and realised it was about 100000000 calories, I nearly died, I would eat 2-3 of them in one sitting!!!
    Yeah that sweet tooth is a killer, however weirdly, apples have become much, much more appetising!!

x
  • micl86
    micl86 Posts: 48
    Options
    welcome and you you find yourself becoming addicted to keeping good track of your progress. lol
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    Hey there,

Lise x

I am on the same boat! i love food and i couldnt believe how many calories i was eating! now i TRY and control my self. I have the worse sweet tooth ever! being at university leave me no exercise time! the most i do is walk! I hope to loose 44lbs by April! lets see how i do lol
    you can send me your recepies. prutha would love them too :wink:
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    welcome and you you find yourself becoming addicted to keeping good track of your progress. lol

thnx micl and katla
    as addicted, as I take a whole brown pure 250 gram chocolate bar :blushing:
  • ljpocko
    Options
    Cool, well its quite simple really,
    sports drink: 1/4 cucumber
    1/4 celery
    1/2 apple golden delicious or royal gala are best
    1 slice unwaxed lemon with rind on, or peel if waxed
    1/2 litre mineral water.
    or
    1/4 cucumber, 1 stick celery, 2 apples, 1/4 lemon for this is ideal for before and after a workout!!!

Recovery post workout juice, 1/4 of pineapple, 1/2 celery, 1 inch cucumber, 1 apple, 1 lime peeled, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 1/2 banana, 4 ice cubes, add all the fruit to the banana to a juicer or juice them, then food procedd the babana and ice cubes with the juice.

A fave of mine is, couple of broccoli sprigs, handful of cabbage, carrot, apples and pear with a slice of lime!!
    they are a few of many, I highly recommend Jason Vales books, he is the juicemaster, he has a recipie for everything.
    I sound like i work for him, but my mum has just had a big op and my aunt suggested them and they make a world of difference!!
    x
  • ljpocko
    Options
    OOOOPS my typing is hideous, sorry guys, normally on my iphone which pretty much types and spells for me....
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    Cool, well its quite simple really,
    sports drink: 1/4 cucumber
    1/4 celery
    1/2 apple golden delicious or royal gala are best
    1 slice unwaxed lemon with rind on, or peel if waxed
    1/2 litre mineral water.
    or
    1/4 cucumber, 1 stick celery, 2 apples, 1/4 lemon for this is ideal for before and after a workout!!!

Recovery post workout juice, 1/4 of pineapple, 1/2 celery, 1 inch cucumber, 1 apple, 1 lime peeled, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 1/2 banana, 4 ice cubes, add all the fruit to the banana to a juicer or juice them, then food procedd the babana and ice cubes with the juice.

A fave of mine is, couple of broccoli sprigs, handful of cabbage, carrot, apples and pear with a slice of lime!!
    they are a few of many, I highly recommend Jason Vales books, he is the juicemaster, he has a recipie for everything.
    I sound like i work for him, but my mum has just had a big op and my aunt suggested them and they make a world of difference!!
    x

you forgot one thing. I have to take this before I see my girl or after? :tongue:
  • ljpocko
    Options
    Its nowhere near as bad as you would think as I did worry about that. It cleanses your system, also its all raw. It isnt like it is when its been cooked!! HAHA x
  • naveed1naveed
    Options
    Its nowhere near as bad as you would think as I did worry about that. It cleanses your system, also its all raw. It isnt like it is when its been cooked!! HAHA x

the one and the only good thing in your recept is blueberries :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • KamalBhai
    KamalBhai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    thnx kamal
    With strength exercises, I usually take 2700-3200 per day in 6 meals.
    Do you think, cutting 1000-1500 per day would not crash me down?

Naveed, I think 1000 will be okay.
  • naveed1naveed
    Options

eh!