PSMF Program

Options
This PSMF program is kind of scary. I feel full all of the time. I am working hard to eat everything the dietician taught me to do. I am dropping weight quickly so far. I start to dread meal times because I feel I am force-feeding myself. :happy:

Replies

1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What is PSMF?
  • darlinan
    Options
    I'm not sure what PSMF is either but I've been told I need to eat more too. So far I'm eating more calories and have noticed I'm losing inches but not weight.
  • fish7days
    Options
    Protein Sparing Modified Fast.

Search for Lyle McDonald. He is an authority on the subject. It has to be done sensibly though. Only 10-12 days, no cardio, limited weight training, fish oil, some multivites, and EC stack if you want. The completion rate of the program seems to be somewhat low, but results of finishers always seem good. Bodybuilding.com has some logs with pics of successful completers. Just search that forum.

fish7days
  • patmat
    patmat Posts: 19
    Options
    @ Darlinan..if your losing inches and not weight..that is progress. I lost 2 inhces before I lost a pound. Keep up the good job..maintain your nutiriton through the holidays and start small with your exercise component..walk or march in place, if that's all you can do.. then do it. Best wishes...

Also, The Protein Sparing Modified Fast, or PSMF, is a total fast modified by the intake of c. 1.2-1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of ideal body weight (IBW) and fluids, vitamin and mineral supplementation.
    PSMF as a diet recently became very popular due to one remastered version known as the Dukan diet and is also, less commonly, used by bodybuilders.

The Dukan Diet is a diet plan originating in France.[1] It is a protein-based diet designed by French doctor Pierre Dukan. Although Dukan has been promoting his diet for over 30 years, it gained greater popularity after publication of his book in 2000