Soon-to-be-Bride in need of some serious encouragement!!

Hey ladies and gents!

So, I'm a stress-mess right now! lol I am currently in the process of moving (need to be out by the 1st and still apt hunting), starting a brand new job tomorrow, and living on a budget of about $10 a week! x_x Talk about how stress, barely finding time to sleep let alome workout, and unhealthy eating go hand in hand, I am prime example. I have a very expensive dress I need to not only fit into but look dazzling in in April of next year. The past 3 weeks I have jumped off the healthy train and onto to 'just-put-something-in-my-belly-to-make-the-growling-go-away' train. I need some serious encouragement!

Can anyone relate?

Sincerely,
me!!

Replies

• _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Postivity laser - *pew*pew*pew* tumblr_m74e6vrcOV1rvsnj6o1_500.gif

Many have been in your shoes and came out on the other side better for it. You just need to set your priorities. There's plenty of low cost healthier grub (veg, fruit, canned goods, etc) and at home workouts that will keep you in check. Peruse the fitness forums and there's a sh!tton of ideas.

Shoot for the stars. And congrats on the upcoming nuptials :flowerforyou:
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Whats with the expensive dress if you are living on 10$ a week?
  • heartsinthesand
    heartsinthesand Posts: 9 Member
    You're right. I'm just losing focus and it's hard to get back on track. Stress Stress Stress! lol By the way, thanks for the laugh! pew pow pow :laugh:
  • heartsinthesand
    My wedding dress! I was fortunate enough to split the cost with my parents, back in July when I had a nice flow of income. It wasn't crazy expensive, it was well under the $1,000 range. As a money conscience shopper my whole life, anything more than $15 is expensive for clothing lol
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Whats with the expensive dress if you are living on 10$ a week?

Possibly she meant that it was expensive relatively speaking. Or wedding gowns are purchased MONTHS in advance, possibly her financial situation had changed drastically with a change of job that was unexpected?

To the OP - All the best to you! $10 a week is a tough budget to handle, but online there's so many resources to stretch that $10 as far as it can go! And hey, maybe thrown on your runners, take a walk before weather starts getting too bad (depending on where you are), or even go to an "old people mall" (any city I've been in has one of those lol) and walk, people watch, de-stress a little! I know you said about not having much time, but at the new job will you have a lunch break? Even 15 minutes can make a difference!!

Only wishing you the best!!
  • kwyatt1230
    kwyatt1230 Posts: 1 Member
    I am right there with you. My wedding is June 8th......just started trying to get back in shape recently....I am not the best self motivator as I work full time, am involved with more charity work than I like to admit and have 2 small kiddos....So far, I have been reaching my goals each day by just looking at 1 day at a time...I don't think past that when it comes to diet and work out. I find little ways to get small workouts in throughout the day and at home at night with my girls. It is no fun and a lot of work....but you figure we are going to have to stare at our wedding pictures forever....I can think of no better motivation
  • heartsinthesand
    Thanks everyone! :heart: Much love and support to everyone on their journey to a newer refreshed you!
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    I got married last May so I can totally relate. I agree with the previous posts about setting priorities. Now that I am on the other side of wedding gowns and cake cutting, I think you need to set lifetime goals, not wedding goals. No one wants to be the bride who gained everything back once the dress unzipped. Try to remember that you want to be healthy for always, not just for one day... a commitment to you, your husband, and any future family you may have!

If you need any motivation or want to 'friend up' and try some monthly challenges- reach out!

Good luck and enjoy this time!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    ooooo darlin, if your wedding doesnt motivate you then you need to quit looking for motivation and just do it out of sheer personal integrity.

Ditch the motivation.
    Self control, will power, sheer determination.

You don't need the sugar to help the medicine go down. You just need the medicine. You're a grown up. Handle it.

:drinker:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    I'm totally with you!

My fiance is unemployed and trying to get his web design business off the ground so I am supporting both of us. His father passed away 2 months ago and I've been on a comfort food binge. I want to look amazing for my wedding (also in April!) and I just can't seem to put the fork down and get off my butt!
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    I get married in may and have a dress that I bought at a bargain price 3 years ago when I first got engaged before I had my son ! I must fit into it but it's too small by about 2 sizes :-( my motivation peaks and troughs but I now only have time to peak so I'm trying to stay motivated ! Feel free to add me if you want a bulging to beautiful bridal buddy :-) x
  • heartsinthesand
    Hi there. Aussie girl here. I have a Facebook group full of people (not only Aussies) who give each other support and motivation. Feel free to join if you're on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/549699091711166/

Thanks! I m defintiely going to check it out!! :)
  • I got married last May so I can totally relate. I agree with the previous posts about setting priorities. Now that I am on the other side of wedding gowns and cake cutting, I think you need to set lifetime goals, not wedding goals. No one wants to be the bride who gained everything back once the dress unzipped. Try to remember that you want to be healthy for always, not just for one day... a commitment to you, your husband, and any future family you may have!

If you need any motivation or want to 'friend up' and try some monthly challenges- reach out!

Good luck and enjoy this time!

I agree with the above. I lost 40 pounds prior to my wedding, then gained about 10 back in first year and now two kids later I'm 10 pounds away from my wedding weight, which is very exciting for me, but it is about lifetime goals. There is a lot of stress now but if you are moving this weekend, then that stress will be gone next week. Exercise is a great stress reliever!
    Good luck!