Hi!

Options
I'm very new at this whole weight loss thing. I just bought a gym membership a few days ago and still have only gone once because of intimidation. I joined this site hoping to find people to help motivate me. I've tried losing this weight before and have always given up due to lack of willpower and accountability.

I'm 22 years old. Single mother to a 15 month old boy. :) I currently work at a local resturant full time as a hostess. My current weight is 183 lbs. My goal weight is around 125 - 130 ish. Very drastic, I know. Hopefully with some positive reinforcement I can do it. I would love to meet other single mothers or even single fathers. I would really like to meet anyone, honestly, but sometimes it's nice to speak to other people who understand your stress level and lack of free time.

Please friend me!!!

Replies

• BoricuaGabe
    Options
    I really hope you meet your goal. I'll add you and I look forward to seeing you progress.
  • tak123
    tak123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm not a mom, but I'm looking for motivation too. You can add me. Good luck!
  • V_Della
    Options
    hey,

i just recently got married and we are planning on starting a family come january. if you need any motivation please feel free to add me!!!
  • johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Becky-

I'm not a father but my job gives me very little free time for about half of the year. Having extra motivation and support is helpful but I've found that you don't really commit to a change until it comes from within. Anyone can say anything but it won't last until you are ready to do it for yourself and not someone else.

I hope that makes sense and is somewhat helpful.

John
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are some really wonderful people on this site. You are welcome to add me if you like :smile: Good luck on your journey hun!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm a father and i lift my child 5x5 style
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say don't let the gym intimidate you. I was always that way also and just started a membership last week. I've gone 5 times so far. It gets more comfortable each time. Remember you are there for you and for you only. Work on your goals and don't worry about anyone else.
    You can do this!
  • javajinny
    Options
    50 pounds isn't THAT drastic; you can do it. I've lost 50 before, years ago when I was about your age. I've lost 68 pounds this go around (it's sticking this time; last time was just because I had a job that made me sweat but I didn't change my eating/activity behaviors so it all came back) and still have about 90 to go. Any pound amount is do-able if you stick with it. It's all about your mind set: choosing health, choosing healthy behaviors, knowing it's not going to happen overnight. It took me 7 years to put on 150 pounds; I can allow myself three or fours years to take it off. I wish you the best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm not a single mom...but I was a mom....I do know about working long hours. I am an empty nester now, but was a previous soccer mom, I commuted 3-4 hours per day and worked 50-60 hours per week. I do know what its like to be busy and try to lose weight...but I did it anyway; I lost 35 lbs in 6 months....what ever you set your mind to...YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello, my start weight was also 183 and my goal is 126. I am currently 145, good luck. You can do it, don't be intimidated, we all start somewhere.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am a single mother to two kids. I would love to help you with your weight loss and believe me I understand your stress. Sending add. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a single mother of three ages 7, 5 1/2 and 3, I work full time, and go to school. I find time to lift 3 days a week and run in between. It is hard, but oh so worth it. Don't let the gym intimidate you, it is about you and getting fit. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i am a mom of 4. you can do it. we all just need a little help :)
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Some great people in here who while serious about using MFP to effect life changes, enjoy fun as well.

I log daily, open diary and generally add a joke in the Notes section to give friends a laugh!!

Feel free to add anyone.....it is mad mad mad in my world!!!!