Where do petite girls buy jeans?

Options
I went to JC Penney and Kohls the other day to buy jeans and it was so annoying the brands I love don't come any smaller than a 4 and they often don't have the 4 in Short or petite. So apprently department stores are not the way to go. I need nice quality b/c I do wear these to work so Old Navy is not really and option.

I'm 5'1 and weigh 130 pounds so I'm still a little curvy (natural waist is 26 around the belly button is 28 and hips are 38 at my booty and 37.5 at the upper thighs) I'm also 35 so I don't want "Super duper low rise everyone can see my booty crack" jeans. And skinny jeans never seem to fit me right....not against them just haven't found any I like yet.

Any suggestuions on where to buy good jeans that will fit and not cost $100? I'm willing to spend some money but I can't get too crazy I do have Christmas presents to buy.

Thanks!

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have a very hard time finding jeans that fit as well. Not only am I short at just over 5'1", but I have a big butt compared to my waist so there's always the gaping issue. The only jeans that work for me are the Gap long and lean which are more of a mid rise. I should add they seem to come in different styles b/c some fit me better than others, even among the long and leans. Today there's a % off offer online.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Buckle. Pricier than most places BUT they hem for free so you get the perfect length for you!
  • greenbubblegum
    greenbubblegum Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the Gap long and lean, also. For jeans, I have really good luck with Levis. And their website often offers special sales.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I like the Gap long and lean, also. For jeans, I have really good luck with Levis. And their website often offers special sales.

I have a couple older pairs of levis that I love except they're too long. Totally depends on the styling.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I usually buy any brand that fits other than length and get it altered. I'm 5'4" but jeans tend to only be made long in many of the nicer brands.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm not petite, but I've had good luck at Ann Taylor Loft (and they definitely have a petite section). Their jeans don't look like ridiculously low rise tween clothes, and the usually offer a curvier cut and a slimmer cut for different body shapes. The ones I bought recently were about $60 full price, and you can usually get things for 25-50% off if you find a sale

And yeah, the other option is finding something that fits in the waist/backside and getting it hemmed.
  • abenifield
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and i buy my jeans from wet seal, they come in many sizes, and they also have the option of a "short" length
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    LOFT is my favorite, too. Macy's has cute jeans in petites. There's a brand I like called INC that has size 0 on up.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm 5'2" and very curvy. I have a few brands that always fit so I stick to those. The best is DKNY, a little high in price but good quality. Donna Karan is well known to be one of the few designers that makes clothing for the "average" woman. You can find them at Macy's. I also buy at NY & co. They have tall, regular, and petite and if I'm not mistaking the sizes go from 0 to 18. Lastly I have a few Levis "bold". If you have a Levis store close by check them out. They can measure you and help you find the right size and style for your figure. Good luck and I hope this helps.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Express has the best jeans ever but they are $70-80!
  • alli4350
    Options
    I usually buy my jeans from GAP. I've bought jeans from there for years ranging in sizes 2 to 8 and they all fit well. I'm currently 5'3" and weight 127 lbs.
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! I can't find jeans smaller than size 6 unless I go into juniors sizes-and with my butt and thighs that is not happening! Going to have to check out some of these stores.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Try Old Navy.
  • correr82
    correr82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    banana republic (they have good sales sometimes) - they are my favorite pair! (I am 5'1 and 110 lbs).
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Why did michael jackson shop at old navy?
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" I shop at Old Navy. Those are the only petite jeans I don't have to get hemmed.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Gap.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great ideas ladies! I have quite a list of stores to visit this weekend! =)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I buy London Jeans from Victoria's Secret; Macy's will have a few 0s and 2s, New York & Company also carries 0s & 2s
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Lee.

http://www.lee.com/LEE_STORE_US/en_US/home.html

They come in a variety of sizes, lengths and styles, and I've found the quality to be decent. Petites are actually a good length for me (5'2") being neither too long nor too short.