High Protein!

Options
I am doing p90x and therefore trying to ingest as much protein as possible. Anyone have any really great high protein, low carb recipes? Breakfast, lunch, dinner..anything :) I love food and trying new things

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fat free greek yoghurt is high protein & low carb.

i made a delicious smoothie out of fat free greek yoghurt, semi skimmed milk, protein powder and peanut butter for breakfast this morning. 376 cals, 15g carbs, 16g fat, 45g protein, nom nom nom!!!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    im not creative haha i just make my chicken breasts in the oven with salt free spices , nd i steam veggies lol ... do u have protein powder??
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I scour recipe blog sites like skinnytaste and dashing dish. There are also some really good paleo websites that have awesome recipes.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I eat this a lot.

Breakfast: 6 egg whites, fresh spinach, cottage cheese omelette. I use 2 to 4 cups spinach, cooked, and 1/2 cup (113g) non fat cottage cheese.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Fish and vegetables of your choosing for lunches or dinner. No added salt, lemon and pepper seasonings. Water as your beverage of choice, non salted nuts like almonds and walnuts for snacks. You will be amazed how fast you drop body fat. Enjoy the cardio, but this challenge is mostly dietary. Have fun and enjoy!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Fish and vegetables of your choosing for lunches or dinner. No added salt, lemon and pepper seasonings. Water as your beverage of choice, non salted nuts like almonds and walnuts for snacks. You will be amazed how fast you drop body fat. Enjoy the cardio, but this challenge is mostly dietary. Have fun and enjoy!

Nice dig there in the middle of your advice. But, not true. P90X is not cardio. It is circuit training. My strength increases hugely while doing this program. I think people just like to hate anything that is successful. Jealousy? I don't know. It's weird. Why can you not just answer the question without having to throw in an insult?
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Buy a 1.5lb thing of 99% lean ground turkey
    1 head of broccoli
    1 head cauliflower
    2 bags of birds eye brown rice, freezer aisle

Should cost you about $8-10 max

Cook the meat, add a small amount of water, NO OILS, NO PAM...nothing. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning....whatever you got that you like to season with.

Nuke the bags of rice as instructed on bag

Cut up veggies

Mix it all together and split it into 4 meals. ITS A REDONK AMOUNT for each serving. Like...it hurts to finish.

350 Calories and 40g protein for each meal....and you are stuffed.....$2-$3 a meal....can't get much better than that. And I am full for like 3 hours....(mind you I eat every 1-2 hours....so for you it might take longer to get hungry)
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use pumpkin seeds alot. They are even better then almonds. 1/4 cup is 300 cals, 23g of fat, only 4g of carbs and a big 18g of protein.
  • teksurv
    teksurv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Buy a 1.5lb thing of 99% lean ground turkey
    1 head of broccoli
    1 head cauliflower
    2 bags of birds eye brown rice, freezer aisle

Should cost you about $8-10 max

Cook the meat, add a small amount of water, NO OILS, NO PAM...nothing. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning....whatever you got that you like to season with.

Nuke the bags of rice as instructed on bag

Cut up veggies

Mix it all together and split it into 4 meals. ITS A REDONK AMOUNT for each serving. Like...it hurts to finish.

350 Calories and 40g protein for each meal....and you are stuffed.....$2-$3 a meal....can't get much better than that. And I am full for like 3 hours....(mind you I eat every 1-2 hours....so for you it might take longer to get hungry)

Now THAT sounds like a power breakfast (I don't eat typical breakfast food) thanks!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We are having Basa fillets for supper tonight (a type of catfish) and it has 21grams of protein. I use a protein powder with 30 grams per scoop. Also greek yogurt, chickpeas (i roast them for a crunchy snack), eggs, chicken. I bought Quaker instant oatmeal with added protein. Not the best tasting, its ok, but its a quick easy breakfast or snack.
  • shella_bella
    Options

Nice dig there in the middle of your advice. But, not true. P90X is not cardio. It is circuit training. My strength increases hugely while doing this program. I think people just like to hate anything that is successful. Jealousy? I don't know. It's weird. Why can you not just answer the question without having to throw in an insult?

Anyone that has not tried or completed P90X doesn't understand the program. I have noticed that a lot.

Thanks for the ideas everyone
  • shella_bella
    Options
    fat free greek yoghurt is high protein & low carb.

i made a delicious smoothie out of fat free greek yoghurt, semi skimmed milk, protein powder and peanut butter for breakfast this morning. 376 cals, 15g carbs, 16g fat, 45g protein, nom nom nom!!!

I mix my greek yoghurt in with frozen (that I unfreeze) berries, and do a similar protein shake, I haven't tried it with yoghurt yet though!
  • shella_bella
    Options
    im not creative haha i just make my chicken breasts in the oven with salt free spices , nd i steam veggies lol ... do u have protein powder??

That's pretty much all I do for meals as well! And I take heaps of protein powder haha I still can't get my protein up high enough.
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i love quinoa!!
  • spngbob
    spngbob Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if protein from Greens is better than protein from meat? I have a shake every morning with 15 gms of protein and by the time I'm done my menu for the day, my protein levels are a little 'up there."
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

Am I being a total tool here but I don't see the insult/dig?!