New girl in town!

Options
Hi everyone, working on trying to have a baby.....gotta loose 14 pounds to start.

Replies

• ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You have to lose 14 lbs to start making a baby? I thought anyone at any size could make babies..
  • Savas15
    Savas15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!
  • Savas15
    Options
    Ekkand being overweight can:
    1. Increase your chances of having irregular or absent periods
    2. Raise your risk of miscarriage
    3. Cause your body to produce too much estrogen, which can make it harder to get pregnant
    4. Be linked with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a major contributor to infertility in women
    5. Increase the chances of having complications during infertility treatments
  • SpunkBean
    SpunkBean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ^^Thank you Savas :)

Good on you for getting healthier pre-pregnancy! Hopefully you can get some good motivation on this site :) Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ekkand being overweight can:
    1. Increase your chances of having irregular or absent periods
    2. Raise your risk of miscarriage
    3. Cause your body to produce too much estrogen, which can make it harder to get pregnant
    4. Be linked with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a major contributor to infertility in women
    5. Increase the chances of having complications during infertility treatments

I know being extremely overweight can cause complications but she isn't that big and she said she only needs to lose "14 lbs" which is a strange amount to lose before trying for a baby. Sorry I was being a smart *kitten* when I posted my previous comment but still, what difference will 14lbs make exactly. Sex is sex is sex no matter what weight you are. I'm sure 14lbs wont be the make or break weight to have a child.
  • tak123
    tak123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Jones! I'm doing the same thing! :) I think it's so important. You can add me if you want!
  • Savas15
    Options
    Ekkand I do not think that anything was intelligent about your "smart *kitten*" comment or the one you just made. 10% of women in the United States have trouble conceiving (CDC). This is a sensitive topic for some and the words that you utter may be hurtful to people. Not everyone can just have sex and make a baby. Some people have to undergo fertility treatments.

"I'm sure 14lbs wont be the make or break weight to have a child." To me you do not sound so sure...especially when you say, " Sex is sex is sex no matter what weight you are". There has been research stating that a 5% fat loss can help with fertility. 14 lbs could be based off a percentage of weight that the MD ordered to increase chances of fertility for a particular individual. Next time please do some research before you make yourself look foolish and do not say you are sure when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Savas