Where do petite girls buy jeans?

Options

Replies

• Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    The Limited

I buy all my jeans there. They have different lengths and go down to a 0 I believe. I am 5'4" and I get the 33" inseam and a size 4. They wash perfect and they are good quality.

http://www.thelimited.com/womens-clothing/jeans-denim,default,sc.html?navid=top#pos=11&start=24&sz=24&navid=top
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Try Old Navy.

I used to fit Old Navy jeans but since they keep changing and "new and improving" things, I can't wear any of their jeans at all :grumble:
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hollister believe it or not lol or rue 21
  • 35khris
    35khris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.2 and curvy. I love New York & Co. jeans!! They fit perfect every time:)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Macy's.... I believe it's American Rag (?) in the Junior's Department. They come in all kinds of different cuts, as well as a short option. They are about $50 and I stock up on them when they're on sale.

I've also had some luck at Marshalls, TJ Maxx & Ross. It's hit or miss, but I'm usually able to find great name brands for under $20. They're the long length, but the place I bring them to only charges $7 to hem and you can't tell.
  • alijoceleste
    alijoceleste Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and always have a hard time finding jeans. I would try and save up and spend money on a nice pair that fit well though. I usually buy jeans from The Buckle as they professionally hem them. Also, it may be worth finding someone who can hem them for you. I always find jeans I love that are too long so I know someone I take them to so that they fit! :) Hope that helps!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I am on the "tall" (hahahaha) side of petite at 5'4. I do not think jeans (or any pants, actually) are the best look for me (or for most short girls).

I think skirts and dresses are most flattering, but you must be careful on length -- not below the knee unless floor-length.

Somehow, even my best fitting skinny jeans worn with sky-high heels still accentuate my shortness.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The Gap. Curvy fit boot cut= love. The Loft and NY and Co have been good to me too.

Old Navy does vanity sizing. Or at least they did last time I was there so nothing fit. It was all way too long and huge in the waist.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I like Express as well. They run good sales on occasion. Otherwise spend less at Ross or TJ Maxx, then take them to a good seamstress. Usually hemming is only about $10.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Wear a 6 from the gap in ankle.
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I get all of my jeans at Maurices. I am 5'2" they have jeans in short and extra short. The jeans I buy there are $29.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    American Eagle.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and wear a size 10/12 in jeans. I find tons of petite jeans at Ann Taylor Loft, The Limited, and Levis. As soon as the jeans go on sale I stock up on a few pairs in my favorite designs.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Express - Love their jeans!
    Loft (Anne Taylor) - They have a bunch of different fits, I get most of my dress pants from here and have a few pairs of other pants as well
    White House Black Market - I'm addicted to their skinny jeans, on the pricier side though
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", Tommy all the way or John Rocha and Next jeans.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I went to JC Penney and Kohls the other day to buy jeans and it was so annoying the brands I love don't come any smaller than a 4 and they often don't have the 4 in Short or petite. So apprently department stores are not the way to go. I need nice quality b/c I do wear these to work so Old Navy is not really and option.

I'm 5'1 and weigh 130 pounds so I'm still a little curvy (natural waist is 26 around the belly button is 28 and hips are 38 at my booty and 37.5 at the upper thighs) I'm also 35 so I don't want "Super duper low rise everyone can see my booty crack" jeans. And skinny jeans never seem to fit me right....not against them just haven't found any I like yet.

Any suggestuions on where to buy good jeans that will fit and not cost $100? I'm willing to spend some money but I can't get too crazy I do have Christmas presents to buy.

Thanks!

Yup I'm 5'1" and between 115-120 lbs and it's really hard to find jeans that fit. I usually have to go to the JR's dept now. LOL I still laugh and even though it's a pain I think it's totally fun, who ever thought a 52 year old could shop in the JR's dept. (some REALLY CUTE stuff there you won't find in the other dept). I find the sizing of jeans odd sometimes there, but just try on various brands and I guess my muscles make it hard to find skinny jeans that fit but it's okay. Sometimes I find what I like in the stores that are too long and then find a place to order them online in petite. Even then, sometimes I have to wear my boots or shoes with a little heel on them, but it's FUN. Not going to complain. But for sure it's hard to spontaneously go clothes shopping when you are small at petite, not much to choose from, most stores don't have anything below size 4-6 so it's frustrating. But ENJOY the fact that you are beautiful and fit. LOVE IT!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MP9DQW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

These are the BEST skinny jeans/leggins EVER for short curvy girls! I just bought some (I am 4'11, 135lbs) and have never worn skinny jeans because I could not find any that fit right. These fit in the waist, no gap, not too low. and they accommodate my "junk in the trunk" :) Buy them!! You will not be disappointed!

<
    They are the ones in my profile pic!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    bump...i haven't bought new jeans in ages (trying to get 100% back to pre-prego weight), but the list here of places to try is great :)
    i have a few pairs of silver jeans (buckle or maurices) that fit well and are a good length for petite as well as a pair of older american eagle jeans that i LOVE :) i am 5'3.5'' and 131-133ish and i struggle finding jeans that are comfy and professional enough to wear to work on fridays :)
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the list, all of you. This is a big help!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I like Delia's. It's geared towards Juniors and Teens but they have several styles ranging from low to mid-rise, with inseams as short as 26". No "mommy" jeans though! They have things with and without stretch, from skinny straight legs to flared legs. I'm 4'11, 123lbs, and their size 5/6 with the 28" inseam fits me perfectly. Their jeans are always buy one get one 50%, and they cost $30-$40 a pair.