I suck.

Options
Hello. I was doing MFP and lost 13 pounds- I have a whole lot more than that to lose but it was a start. Then I had a cheat day which turned into more cheat days..Then stopped working out, got a bad cold and an ear infection, too much homework, blah blah blah. A bunch of excuses really...Needless to say, I gained back everything and plus an extra pound! Sooooo, after weighing myself again-I hadn't- I made the decision to come back- AGAIN. I could use any motivational stories or help or friends that will kick my butt if I don't log on! I looked at all my friends who hadn't strayed and they are all thinner! UGH That's IT!!

Replies

• StrawberryThief
    Options
    You don't suck; you're rad.
    You lost so much weight and sure, you've slipped up and gained it again, but has that stopped you? No! Here you are again, ready to dive straight back in. Well done!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6cl4ziMLW1qke924o1_500.png
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've been where you are, and I'm glad to see that you didn't let it stretch into YEARS like I did. The fact that you're back at it says a lot more about you than that silly setback. Now, go get to it!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    So do I.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Rickroll1.gif \m/
    you should turn to rick astley for guidance......because he'll never
    give up
    let you down
    run around
    desert you......\m/
  • Miztaneha
    Options
    OMG I feel you. Sounds like me... BUT we are able to point out where we went wrong and we are trying to fix it. I ca use the support and that extra push too.. so don't feel like its over because its just the beginning!!! You lost the weight before and now WE are going to lose it and more!!! #igoturback
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u have one choice....well two really. either stay fat and unhappy or turn it around before u gain more weight from ur food partys and lose weight. the choice is yours. good luck! :) u made the first right choice by coming on here!!! :)
  • lindoussa
    Options
    That is usually what happens to me and I let it happen this Thanksgiving. I kept telling myself, "It's just one day of the year, right?!" Wrong. It turned into Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday :/ I'm back today though! I also need encouragement and support because I have a LONG road ahead of me to get healthy. I am really trying this time not to think of this as a diet but as a life style change.

I am new so have no idea how this works? I will be your friend, but am not sure how to do that? lol
  • _Katastrophic
    Options
    oh I thought this was going to be about something else. *leaves*
  • kdt000
    kdt000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Rickroll1.gif \m/
    give up
    let you down
    run around
    desert you......\m/

This.. is.. awesome.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    oh I thought this was going to be about something else. *leaves*
    how YOU doin? \m/
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Thankfully each day we get another chance to be great.

So, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, lace up your running shoes and hit it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    get your body fat tested and learn what that number means

this information and knowledge will motivate you and help you stay off the scale
  • GoodGhost9
    Options
    It's great that you made the decision to come back and get healthier once and for all! I too had a few cheat days that turned into a cheat month. I lost 10 lbs on here originally, then gained a few back. Now I'm back on here and I'm not going to let anything (or anyone lol) get in my way!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Not what I thought. **pulls pants up and walks out**
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty safe to say that most ppl on here have lost weight and gained it back before...
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here have slipped, so don't beat yourself up. With me anyway, when I have a bad day, I just make a decision that I will start off fresh tomorrow. I don't beat myself up about. Trust me years ago I would just give up and just say I knew I couldn't do it.. But this year my attitude is different. Attitude is key here plus to surround yourself with positive people. People who understands the ups and downs of losing weight and getting healthy. It's also about not making excuses about it. Yes you went on a downward spiral for a while, but you are here now and want to get back on the horse - so to speak. So just start fresh, is it going to be hard, probably. But this is something that you truly want to do and so you will do it. Just start getting those negative thoughts out of your head and start telling yourself, you know, I can do it and get this weight off of me. Try to understand why you went off, what happened in your life that got you off track.

I know that I am a stress eater, so I try to have healthy snacks around me and drink more water then usual for the day so that I can feel full. I drink herbal teas which help with the full feeling as well. I usually don't keep snacks in the house but when I truly want something, trust me I have it but I don't have it in excess. I know that I'm going to drink soda, so I just put soda in for the calories for the day. I get a can instead of a bottle. It's all in portion control for your food.

It's hard for me since October since I had my foot surgery, I cannot work out. So I do go over my calories some but not a lot and not every day. You can do this and stop putting yourself down and hang out with people who are going to support you and help you on your journey. You are beautiful. You are strong. You will do this...!!!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Rickroll1.gif \m/
    give up
    let you down
    run around
    desert you......\m/

This.. is.. awesome.

Agreed. Rick Astley should be all the THINspiration one needs. :flowerforyou:
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's ok. Losing weight is a little bit like quitting smoking. Most people fail a few times and yo yo before they lose weight permanently, and 95% of people statistically will regain what they have lost over five years. I have avoided slipping up again by working on my diet and exercise routine the day after I overeat. It's important to stop the weight gain as soon as it starts, or it will be demotivating later. I ate over 3,000 calories the day before and of Thanksgiving. It will take six days to work off the extra calories, but it is worth it to enjoy the holidays and not gain weight.

Most people hit their goal weight and lose the dieting habits, but it's vital to find something that can be maintained and enjoyed over the long term. I am the type of person to absentmindedly eat so I will probably have to be mindful of what I eat for the rest of my life.

Don't think of the weight goal as a destination. Staying fit and slim is just a few healthy habits enjoyed day after day. It doesn't have to be perfect as only consistency matters.
  • mama4loca
    Options
    WOW!!!! you all are awesome !!! And thank you for those words of encouragement- I am so psyched again! I had went for a walk after i posted and came back an saw all this. THANKS :):):) I think the key is, even if you have a bad day, you still need to check in every day , and even log in the calories, just to keep on the straight and narrow. TY again!
    And to all those who got the wrong idea, lol Sorry