Hungrier faster when eating protein?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else can share their experience/solution to this problem...

When I eat protein (say a big veggie omlet and bacon, or a yogurt with fruit), I get hungrier sooner than if I ate a bagel instead. I know when trying to lose weight and work out, Protein is the big push, however, it just doesn't seem to fill me up for as long as carbs do. Any ideas on how to "fix" this?? Could it be that my body just metabolizes protein faster??

Replies

• repmlrs
    repmlrs Posts: 154
    Options
    some proteins will burn faster like whey protein. if you eat somthing high in fiber with your protein or a slow burning protein you will not be hungry as fast or often.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why not have a veggie omelet and toast or add granola to the yogurt? Then you'll get the protein you want and the carbs to keep you full.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Those aren't very big protein breakfasts. Yes, they have protein in them, but it isn't a "ZOMG LOOK AT MY PROTEIN!" type of meal. I wonder if you added protein powder to that omelet if you would have the same result? Just pondering. I love by my protein powder in the morning. Otherwise, I require about 3 breakfast's to get to 10:30.
  • amy_wills
    amy_wills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I will eat 4 egg whites and a 1/2 cup of steel cut oats in the a.m. (leaving me quite full!) - and bam, 2 hours later I am STARVING!!! I chalk it up to a faster metabolism. When you're eating right and exercising, your body is in high gear and you just get hungrier faster.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I will eat 4 egg whites and a 1/2 cup of steel cut oats in the a.m. (leaving me quite full!) - and bam, 2 hours later I am STARVING!!! I chalk it up to a faster metabolism. When you're eating right and exercising, your body is in high gear and you just get hungrier faster.
    I may be missing something, but isn't it coming up to time to eat again by then anyway?
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I eat every 3 hours. My goal is to make it from 7 am till 10:30. Then to 12:15. Then to 3:45. Then to 5:45.