I don't know if I can do it......

Options
Hello,

I have made some success and met a few of my goals but it's getting harder and harder to stay within my calorie goals every day. Evey time I achieve a new milestone my calorie intake gets smaller and smaller.

I stayed within my calorie intake only two times last week and one of those days I had to add in a workout to meet it. I still have 30 lbs to go and I wonder how I will meet my next calorie reduction.

Does anyone have some insight or suggestions..... to help keep me going.

Replies

• Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    It would be useful to be able to see your diary to make suggestions to help keep you in your goals xx
  • talygal
    talygal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrat's on losing your weight! You are where I want to be. Have you tried changing up the foods that you eat? Sometimes we get in a rut with food and our body gets used to the same food day in and day out. Good luck!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal set to now? A few ideas I have are to lower your goal of weight loss per week (if it's 1 pound, then half a pound). You'll get more calories and the weight loss may take longer but if you're needing those extra calories that will help bump them up and still keep you in the weight loss game.

How much exercising are you already doing? If you can incorporate a bit more on a regular basis to get those extra calories, that would help to. What is your current height/weight and goal for pounds you're trying to lose per week?
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It appears your doing great....My calorie allowance is 1200 which can be a struggle but u seem to have the right attitude. If you go over, it gives you an incentive to go oat for a run. If you don't fancy doing that u can allows change your goal to say 1 lb a week....u need to make the decision but if u keep imagining your goal it becomes easier and easier....just remember, ur 35 lbs down and soon you'll lose more....you know you'll feel amazing then.

x
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    what is your goal set at? 2lbs a week? 1 lb a week? .5 lb a week? You could start to try to loose at a slower pace. If you change it down a level you will get more calories per day.
  • vjh431
    vjh431 Posts: 38
    Options
    It would be a good idea not to be too hard on yourself. I see you've made great strides already and I applaud you for that so don't give up otherwise you really will hate yourself if you stop and the weight comes back (It happened to me ). Don't get too hung up calories just try to stay at a pace where you can feel comfortable but rack up those deficits little by little so you at least know your still dropping weight even if it is at a slower pace than what your use to. Adding an extra fifteen minutes of exercise could make the difference and stick to fruits, salad, and water if you get cravings. I hope this was useful.
  • teffy1
    teffy1 Posts: 12
    Options
    My Goal is 1lb per week and my calories are at 1340. I have a sedentary office job so my calorie goal is lower.

Part of the problem may be that for medical reasons I have to have low cholesterol, sodium and lower than normal carbs. How do I get higher protein without cholesterol and sodium?
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    The closer you get the harder it gets to reach that last few. Good news is you can do it. Okay, a suggestion or two; make sure you are eating enough fiber and drinking plenty of water these will help you feel full longer. Protein can be done in a supplement form if you need too. Exercise is a must do. Workout when you can and do strength as well as cardio; both are necessary. Adjust your food as you need to because body needs changes in food as well as exercise to stay out of the plateaus. God Bless, brenda
  • teffy1
    teffy1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It really helps.

Brenda you are an inspiration! I noticed you joined in May of last year. Have you lost all your weight since you joined?