Jelly

Options
Hey!

Ok, this might sound like a silly question but I'm getting confused over it!

When preparing jelly crystals, does the calorie value change according to how much you dilute the mixture?

i.e. If I use less water (to make a thicker jelly), is the calorie content higher per portion?

Replies

• cagirl1968
    Options
    I am not real sure what jelly crystals are but the answer is yes the calorie content per serving goes up if you use less water to dilute it with. Hope that helps. :smile:
  • rainbowws
    rainbowws Posts: 41
    Options
    But does the overall calorie content of the entire packet go up? e.g. say there's 40 calories in total for the whole packet made up according to instructions, if I use less water than suggested in the instructions, do calories still go up?

Haha sorry, I know this sounds so confusing!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You must be in the United Kingdom. We call Jelly Jello in the states so your post will probably confuse some of us :blushing:

The overall calorie content of the whole package would not change (as I assume you're just adding water?) so I would figure out what that is and then divide by your final number of servings to get your per serving calories. Did that make sense? lol
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    If there is 40 calories in a packet and you use half a packet then there will be 20 calories no matter how much water you use to dilute it...If you use the whole packet and just a little water it will be 40 calories...
  • rainbowws
    rainbowws Posts: 41
    Options
    Ok, that's a whole lot clearer now! Thank you everyone!!