Starting tomorrow...scared!! lol

Options
Evening All,

So I filled out my profile and am ready to start first thing tomorrow morning...sooo nervous lol I have tried lots of different diets before all faddy and never kept the weight off sooo I am going right back to basics with a low calorie diet and exercise. Hopefully this will work for me. I am very determined so that is a good start.

If anyone has good tips for me my ears are wide open.

Wish me luck :)

Suz
x

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    good luck, it's a great site to be on, but why wait til the morning? start now!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's already bedtime there! :wink:

Good luck! And my advice is READ the discussion boards and JOIN IN!
    there are TONS of really helpful and motivational threads.

And I got WAY more motivated once I started adding friends.
    I feel like I wasn't going to let anyone SEE me fail, so if they could see me, I HAD to succeed!

And the support is great, having people give you a pat on the back whenever you accomplish something, like staying under your calories for the day.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    welcome. There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of. You are going to love it here. Everyone is so supportive.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I found that the links in this thread really helped to explain some of my questions when I first started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • cagirl1968
    Options
    Good Luck!! You will do great! :smile:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's already bedtime there! :wink:

Good luck! And my advice is READ the discussion boards and JOIN IN!
    there are TONS of really helpful and motivational threads.

And I got WAY more motivated once I started adding friends.
    I feel like I wasn't going to let anyone SEE me fail, so if they could see me, I HAD to succeed!

And the support is great, having people give you a pat on the back whenever you accomplish something, like staying under your calories for the day.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!
    haha! I think everyone is in my time zone...ooooops!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking the first step. There's nothing to be scared of. MFP WORKS! Just keep your eye on the prize, and work hard for it.
  • suziesgems
    Options
    Wow 48lbs that is amazing WELL DONE :)

Thanks for the link too
    xx
  • suziesgems
    Options
    Yeah it is 9pm here in England so thats why I thought I would start a fresh tomorrow morning :)

Thank you to everyone that has commented I really appreciate it :)
    xx
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome

Good luck to you, think you will enjoy this site. Take it one day at a time and keep tracking your calories.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! As long as you stick to your guns and remind yourself every day that this is for being the best you that you can be, you will never fail!

If you need a cheerleader, I'm here and in the same boat you're in!

Warm Wishes,
    Christie
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Tips....hmmmmm

Weigh everything you put in your mouth by the gram...count all of your exercise, eat all of your calories, allow yourself some chocolate or whatever every once in a while as long as it stays in your calrorie count, and don't think you can lose 2 pounds right off the bat. Stick with 1 pound for a while, then if you want go to 2 per week...but you will only be able to do that for a while, as only seriously overweight people should try.

good luck, we are here for you...definately join a group, I belong to one that exercises EVERY DAY, and I couldn't have lost 21 pounds in 2 months and 2 days without them!!!