HELP EVERYONE... NEED TO LOSE 6LBS IN 2 WEEKS

Options
Christmas party is fast approaching. I have 2 weeks to go and need to lose around 6lbs. Is this possible? Care to help me?

Replies

• LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Why leave it so late? Expect to lose it at the same rate at which you gained it and plan accordingly.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    No and no.

Christmas comes around every 12 months. There was plenty of time before now.
  • Britbratkins3
    Options
    If you work hard.

'
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Christmas party is fast approaching. I have 2 weeks to go and need to lose around 6lbs. Is this possible? Care to help me?

Sounds like OP has been actively trying to lose weight for a while and she's in her last two week stretch. If that's the case, I don't think 6 lbs. in two weeks is realistic. Try just sticking to healthy food, keep yourself hydrated with lots of water, get plenty of sleep/ rest, and exercise. You may not lose all the weight you hoped for by your Christmas party, but you can still look good, feel fabulous, and have a great time. Best of luck!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You could lose 0 pounds in 2wks and still look smoking if you add weight lifting and tone up. No one will SEE the 6 lbs off the scale but they will see a nice firmed up body if you eat clean and keep doing what you are doing. Don't stress about the actual scale reading since you won't be bringing the scale with you to the party.

Let go of the scale and focus on what your body looks like.
  • nahiluoh
    nahiluoh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Go easy on the salt/sodium.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    You could lose 0 pounds in 2wks and still look smoking if you add weight lifting and tone up. No one will SEE the 6 lbs off the scale but they will see a nice firmed up body if you eat clean and keep don't what you are doing. Don't stress about the actual scale reading since you won't be bringing the scale with you to the party.

Ditto!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

I have lost an average of 3-5 pounds per week for the last three months.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Just eat your cals/macros, exercise as much as you can (eat half those cals back lol), and everything else can be hidden by Spanx!! lol

Good luck, and have fun!!
  • anxiety_bunny
    anxiety_bunny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would just recommend strictly counting your calories, drinking tons of water, and doing cardio. Don't stress too much about the 6 pounds, losing 2 is better than gaining 2! :)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    What's so special about this Christmas party that you feel the need to lose 6 pounds for it? It seems to me that you are setting unrealistic targets and expectations. Lose what you can as fast as you can and don't expect the scale to conform to any kind of schedule!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You could lose 0 pounds in 2wks and still look smoking if you add weight lifting and tone up. No one will SEE the 6 lbs off the scale but they will see a nice firmed up body if you eat clean and keep doing what you are doing. Don't stress about the actual scale reading since you won't be bringing the scale with you to the party.

Seriously? You can firm up your body in two weeks with weight lifting?
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    not tone up completely but it would be better than starving herself for 2 wks to hit 6lbs lost....no need to be so negative, seriously not necessary...my overall message was that the scale didnt matter and to do what she currently is including strength training to help tone up...

• metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It depends on your current weight and fitness level.

If you are a high weight (200+) and not used to dieting, you can easily lose 6 pounds in two weeks by making changes to your diet. Most of it will be water weight.

So don't expect such a drastic change to be permanent.

IF you are a lighter weight, you can possibly lose more than 2 pounds a week if you are already physically fit, and exercise intensely for an hour a day combined with a reduction in calories (<1500). But it sounds excessive. You would be at risk for losing lean muscle mass.

I can usually lose 1.5 lb / week by eating at 1200 - 1400 / day and exercising 4 - 5 days per week for one hour, intensely.

It's much easier to plan weight loss gradually and long before your event.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    not tone up completely but it would be better than starving herself for 2 wks to hit 6lbs lost....no need to be so negative, seriously not necessary...my overall message was that the scale didnt matter and to do what she currently is including strength training to help tone up...

No need to be so defensive. It's not like I was calling you a liar; it just seems pretty unrealistic that you could lift weights for two weeks and suddenly everyone's gonna say, "Oh my god, what have you been doing? You look so firm and toned!" I also never suggested she starve herself, so I don't know why you brought that up.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I would just recommend strictly counting your calories, drinking tons of water, and doing cardio. Don't stress too much about the 6 pounds, losing 2 is better than gaining 2! :)

This ^^^
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If it's that you've got an outfit for the party that you're trying to fit into then I'd eat clean, lots of fresh fruit and veg, no junk, stick your MFP settings on 2 pounds a week (it won't be a problem for two weeks), keep your sodium down, watch your macros, WEIGH everything you put in your mouth and track precisely, keep your calories in balance, zero alcohol, do moderate exercise every single day, drink your water, and eat back no more than half your exercise cals...

... and nip down to the shops and get yourself some miracle undies.

That should do it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Only if you work your freaking *kitten* off - this wont just be done through diet - youre gonna have to sweat like a pig to look like a fox.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    one horrendous dump will get you halfway there....\m/
  • bec_232
    bec_232 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Look up the 17 day diet. That will do it.