Question about when to exercise

Options
Hi, hopefully someone can give me insight on this. I have learned I love walking and have been doing it later in afternoon but would like to walk earlier in the day too. I wasn't sure how soon after I eat breakfast that I could start walking. Thanks for whatever anwsers i get!!!

Replies

• Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    I am certainly no expert, but I would think whenever you feel comfortable enough after you eat would be ok. I love to take a walk after a big family dinner while everyone else sleeps, but that's just me! Now I don't mean power walking after a big meal, just a stroll LOL!!!
    Any exercise any time you can get it has got to be better than none!
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    I walk 15 mins after breakfast, I dont like walking when my tummy is digesting. I wait and walk/bike then. also after dinner and sometimes if i have the time after lunch. I just enjoy it. Just whatever feels good to you.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Depends on how big a meal. I usually try not to eat a meal within an hour of working out in either direction. A snack, on the other hand, is okay.

Listen to your body!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I try to walk to work when the weather is nice. Usually I leave the house about 10-15 minutes after I've finished eating. I only walk about 3 miles per hour in the mornings though so it's definitely nothing strenuous though.