help! im stuck in a funk.

Options
I have been eating pretty much the same things every day.. I need some variety in my life! Anyone have any good, healthy recipes for lunch or dinner?

Replies

• MiniMachine
    Options
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Unfortunately my boyfriend can pretty much eat the same thing every day and be OK with it. NOT me!! I try and switch up my protein every 2 days. If I take out chicken, I will think of 2 different ways to prepare it, and take leftovers for lunch the next day. Other days I'll have something related to steak, ground beef, ground turkey, etc. I usually have a lot of different sides on hand to make a variety of meals out of otherwise monotonous stuff.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have a tasty ground turkey chili verde and a shrimp,avacado, mango salad that is really tasty too if you like shrimp. Friend me if you are interested, I'm happy to share.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Start stalking your friends' food diaries, especially the ones with similar goals/stats/WL philosophies to your own. I've gotten tons of ideas for stuff to eat this way!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com - tons of awesome ideas
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Start stalking your friends' food diaries, especially the ones with similar goals/stats/WL philosophies to your own. I've gotten tons of ideas for stuff to eat this way!

^ This... times 100. I stalk friend diaries for ideas when I'm in a funk lol.

Sometimes I just try to get creative with what I have. I've been doing a salad and a half a turkey sandwich the past few days at work though. Having two totally different tasting things breaks it up right there surprisingly. For dinner, just get as creative as you can with what you have!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Open fridge, take out food, mix it all together, get ready, and then throw in pot/pan/onbaking sheet and cook accordingly

Some of my best dishes come from me just being lazy and mixing things together without a recipe or really rhyme or reason.
  • TrueBodyCoach
    Options
    Eating the same things every day can def be boring! I have a facebook page where I post recipes.....there's tons! :)
    facebook.com/TeamTrueBody Hope that you enjoy!
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound critical, but I see from your food diary that you don't cook. Maybe take a healthy cooking class or buy a cookbook for beginners. Add fruits and vegetables to your regular meal plans. Best of luck!
  • StephG1130
    StephG1130 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound critical, but I see from your food diary that you don't cook. Maybe take a healthy cooking class or buy a cookbook for beginners. Add fruits and vegetables to your regular meal plans. Best of luck!

i actually do cook.. i made chili from scratch, i homemade pizza (even the dough!), and homemade chicken quesadillas with brown rice tonight. i think that's cooking! everything i make incorporates veggies, and usually we have a side of fruit at night after dinner.. during the day i don't have time to cook a bunch because i am always on the go, but for dinner, im actually quite a good cook.. or so my family tells me lol! i have even won a couple chili cook-offs! but thanks for your advice :)